#5 Green 60, bodywork and paint (Princess) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kelly saad

Supporting Vendor
Threads
This will be painted the same color green.

The project:
1. Disassemble vehicle, remove doors, tailgate and hatch.
2. Strip entire vehicle to bare metal, including jambs.
3. Replace passenger side door.
4. Remove seam sealer in roof gutters, and windshield area, repair all rust (A pillar is bad) seal again
5. New lower door skin replacement panels, Sand blast remaining rust, seal bare metal with POR-15 products, new seam sealer.
6. New quarter panels and any rusted sections of inner fenders.
7. Paint jambs and install doors, hatch and tailgate.
8. Exterior paint, B/C or single stage, wet sand, and polish.
9. Install new sliders, and bumpers.

IMG_3746-preview.jpg

PRINCESS?!?

Watching intently. Back in the day this was one of the primary trucks that shaped the direction for moonshine.

If it is the Princess, what a dramatic change.... It reminds me of pictures of people before and after being addicted to meth. It was a beauty when @davegonz owned it

PRINCESS.jpg

Holy crap! What the hell happened?

Kelly, that truck probably has had 3 to 4 different paint jobs over her lifetime. Glad you're going down to bare metal.

Three total paint jobs: the original "Tempered Gray", then 012 Super White, then Conniston Green. The 012 paint job was a cheapo (~$600) done by an airplane shop in AZ, I couldn't afford anything else at the time!

Good to see the old girl getting some love, lots of memories. Her original license plate is still on the wall of my garage.

PRINCESS?!?

Watching intently. Back in the day this was one of the primary trucks that shaped the direction for moonshine.

me too!!! totally shaped my 60 dreams. Princess was my laptop wallpaper for years.

Last edited:
Three total paint jobs: the original "Tempered Gray", then 012 Super White, then Conniston Green. The 012 paint job was a cheapo (~$600) done by an airplane shop in AZ, I couldn't afford anything else at the time!

Good to see the old girl getting some love, lots of memories. Her original license plate is still on the wall of my garage.
You built such a venerable land cruiser that was so formative to the mud community.

27CEEA1C-D825-4F7D-81C2-41BE503B752E.jpeg

It was difficult to see her in her current condition. But some therapy from Georg, Kelly and others should bring her back.

Looking forward to seeing it, especially here in Texas!

What color is it going to be?

Can't believe this sticker is still there. Must be 12-13 years old!

View attachment 2519170
Did you install the toybox? I read that you sold her because of problems with the H55. I think the H55 “should“ be fine behind the 4bt with 400ish foot-pounds of torque. At least I hope so.

No, Henry installed the box. I did have issues with some fluid coming up through the shifter hole.

My 4BT80 that I sold had 700r4 issues. Gets expensive fixing trannies. I couldn't afford to put in an NV4500 at the time.

I'veseen this rig before i think a guy I'm following on Instagram had it for a while then sold it he was having major problems with it

Here is a link to a page I made when I sold her. Good pics of her in my driveway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom