#5 Green 60, bodywork and paint (Princess) (4 Viewers)

Scro

SILVER Star
When it's ready, let me know, I have an original "Broken Birfield Bar" sticker for it! :)
I’ll admit I had to do some research and I’m still reading.

Found this on pirate, 2003. “Back then I used to write about my own experiences because there weren't many people wheeling 60's. Now the Princess is just a poseur, uncomfortable daily-driver, I haven't done much wheeling in two years, and I don't even know most of the hardcore 60 drivers anymore!

Also found this. I’ll let you know when/if she gets done, maybe some BBQ in Austin. Thanks
84ED859B-FFC7-4D76-9C1C-BA3812D81845.jpeg

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
37s.... 3.70 gears, the toybox was removed and a 5 speed installed.

EGTs pulling a pass must be through the roof or a 30mph 3rd gear execution.

kelly saad

Supporting Vendor
Any surprises under the windshield?
Nope. Lower windshield/cowl is clean, which is a wonderful. Passenger A pillar rust is bad. I think it found its way in through a small rust hole in the top of the windshield channel. Hopefully, once I cut the gutter piece off, the rust will sand blast off the A pillar and it won't be so bad. I am sure it will need some patch work though. There are 3 nuts welded on the A pillar for the snorkel. We will replace these with a better option. Lower doors have some bubbling on the seam sealer, so I will cut those lower door skins off and replace them. Not sure on the quarters yet, they look clean but I am sure rust is lurking in there. Overall it looks better than I was thinking, just kinda beat up. We will set up some drywall scaffolding soon so we can access the top half of the vehicle :p

I am new to the forum and am grateful for all the information that can be attained here. You mentioned new lower door skin replacement panels. Do you have a source for those? I am repairing the rust on my 60 and in my search for panels I never saw door skins. I'll be watching this thread.

kelly saad

Supporting Vendor
I am new to the forum and am grateful for all the information that can be attained here. You mentioned new lower door skin replacement panels. Do you have a source for those? I am repairing the rust on my 60 and in my search for panels I never saw door skins. I'll be watching this thread.
No source. I make my own.

Scro

SILVER Star
Check Kelly’s other paint threads and probably YouTube for how to make your own panels.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Not to nit-pick, but those rear shackles are on backwards :)

What's your preferred method for stripping Kelly? Shirt first or pants? :p

Seriously though, looks like a paint stripping product, along with scraping, then finishing out with a contour-sct type tool. That about right?

tmxmotorsports

SILVER Star
Not to nit-pick, but those rear shackles are on backwards :)

What's your preferred method for stripping Kelly? Shirt first or pants? :p

Seriously though, looks like a paint stripping product, along with scraping, then finishing out with a contour-sct type tool. That about right?
None of it looks fun to me at all

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom