4x4Labs Summer 2019 Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just so you know, I built a 4x4 Labs bumper in the winter of 2016. The struts for the dual swingouts at the time had plastic ends. One month ago, one of the plastic ends stripped out and separated from the strut. I searched online for replacements but couldn't find anything. I contacted Luke to order replacement struts hoping to get a few more years out of the replacements before they stripped out. Luke confirmed my previous bumper order and sent me 4 new metal ends for the struts at no charge.

I highly recommend anything from 4x4 Labs and they really stand behind their product.

Painted with Rustoleum Flat Black from the Home Depot. Touch up requires a little bit of sanding, paint, and a warm sunny day.
View attachment 2001681

Thanks for the photo now I know exactly how my rig will look with one!

I am interested.

Dang. I'd be all over a front bumper kit for $700 like white on rice if it were local.

$700 = $1000+ Aussie pesos and I'm frightened to guess what shipping would be to Aus

Anyone coming to Sydney and want to slip a kit into their carry on for me?

We are up to 7 participants, need 3 more to send the list in to Labs...

Im in for the 4x4labs rear bumper

I looked at sliders too, but prices are a bit high. Better off just buying slee or white knuckle.

Oh this is tempting. Still don't like the idea of choppin the rear down though.
JMO its worth it, my Rear bumper is a trooper and has been slammed on slickrock, granite etc and holds it down like a freight train.

JMO its worth it, my Rear bumper is a trooper and has been slammed on slickrock, granite etc and holds it down like a freight train.
just don't like the commitment of the same bumper for the life of the truck based on the chop. I have no doubt its bomber and good looking and functional. I love the bumper, not the commitment.

I was wondering the same thing! His bumper price went up almost 1000 dollars.

No. It has not. I have been buying and installing Luke's bumpers for years and the prices have remained pretty consistent. He may have gone up a little. Over 10-12 years, what has not. But his bumper price has not jumped by "almost a thousand dollars". In fact, while I can not remember exact prices from when I first started buying these, I would be surprised if the increase is over 10-15 percent in that time span.

When you consider that his basic (finished, not kit) rear bumper for an '80 series with no options is under $1000 , your comments really are not accurate.

Mark...

On the website. It lists the old price. The, when you click on an item and change the options, it jumps up considerably. Something is wrong here. Either a mistake, or he didn't edit both prices

Edit-mistakes were made. Corrections below

Last edited:
On the website. It lists the old price. The, when you click on an item and change the options, it jumps up considerably. Something is wrong here. Either a mistake, or he didn't edit both prices

On the thumbnail on his site it says $595 which is for the rear bumper kit. The drop down changes price based on options.

The $995 is for the bumper built.
So it's correct it just shows the cheapest option

On the thumbnail on his site it says $595 which is for the rear bumper kit. The drop down changes price based on options.

The $995 is for the bumper built.
So it's correct it just shows the cheapest option
Hmm, I think I see that now. My bad! Same thing for the sliders. Didn't realize they were offered in kit form.

I have built 2 of the kits. Both single swing out. If you can weld at all, they are easy to assemble. These are the best rear bumper you can buy for an 80 unless you have something else custom made. Dont get powder coated. Just prime and rattle can bedliner on it. I beat the hell out of mine at Uwharrie, then come home clean it and give it a rattle can touch up. The rustoleum and dupli-color both work.
IMG_3774.JPG

May help if you start a thread in the group buys classified section.

That's just what they'd be expecting!.... I'll go do that now.

We're up to 8 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom