406 Cruiser Heads - Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi All

A Bozeman-based new 60 owner here. Bought in May, mechanically sound (so far). Some minor improvements made with more to come.
Looking forward to meeting folks as it becomes easier...someday. In the meantime enjoying the 'social distancing' capability the 60 provides myself and family!
View attachment 2371395

Question: I've looked around and not found...but...anyone know of anything like a 'self-service' garage near Bozeman? Would be a good thing, I think.

Welcome!

Welcome!! There’s a community shop for bicycles, but the only diy automotive shop I’m aware of is at MSU campus and I believe restricted to students...
Huh? There's a shop for students on campus... Not that I need access to one but that's news to me

Welcome!! There’s a community shop for bicycles, but the only diy automotive shop I’m aware of is at MSU campus and I believe restricted to students...
Where is this at? I work for the University in the facilities department and I'm not aware of it.

Hi All

A Bozeman-based new 60 owner here. Bought in May, mechanically sound (so far). Some minor improvements made with more to come.
Looking forward to meeting folks as it becomes easier...someday. In the meantime enjoying the 'social distancing' capability the 60 provides myself and family!
View attachment 2371395

Question: I've looked around and not found...but...anyone know of anything like a 'self-service' garage near Bozeman? Would be a good thing, I think.

My shop is always open to those who are wanting to wrench on stuff. Welcome to the club!

Yes, there was a shop at MSU for the students to use but it was shut down about 15 years ago or so? A friend of mine while attending MSU about 20 years ago would use the shop there to work on his truck all of the time. He loved it!!!

Yes, there was a shop at MSU for the students to use but it was shut down about 15 years ago or so? A friend of mine while attending MSU about 20 years ago would use the shop there to work on his truck all of the time. He loved it!!!

Well s***... I guess I graduated just over 15 years ago and can’t say I’ve checked out the shop since. I thought I’d heard it was still around but probably didn’t make any money, even though it was a great resource for students. It kept my 81 Trekker on the road!!
Sorry for the misinformation.

Hello all!

Been in the area for almost 6 years now. My love for Toyotas started with my first 88 pickup with 33s, 4 inch lift. Was a fun rig that is full of great memories and hopefully is still running somewhere in Mexico after it was stolen in 2014 in Baja. Fun times :)

Fast forward to now, got a good deal last summer on a 2007 fj. Planning on doing some lil things here and there with it!

Stoked to be apart of the club and looking forward to next weekends trail run!

-Ben

Hey everyone! I just joined the club and I'm excited to do some exploring with you all! I'm new to Bozeman and was living in Utah for the past 6 years. I drive a regular cab 2nd gen Tacoma and have already driven quite a few miles of dirt around here. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Well I suppose I can catalog this. My name is Chris. Grew up in Billings, but been in Bozo area for over 15 years. Love it here. I've only attended 2 meetings so far....But...not a true cruiser owner...as I have a '14 Tacoma. I am just excited to be part of a great local community!
1631320681832.jpeg
20210316_180930.jpg

Long overdue intro.
My name is Mark, and I am your Public Lands Coordinator (thanks for your vote!).

My 2017 TRD OR AC was the dealer's parts truck. Bought it pre-COIVD, and it only had 17K miles. Now has 24K miles (still new by Toyota standards).
I am a former Army Captain, and spent 12 years in Special Operations and Intel. Got out in 2001.
I currently work as a government service civilian for the Navy doing research and development, and one of my portfolios is off road driving and tactical/non-tactical vehicles (my dream job!).
I started occasionally off-roading over the last few years while attending courses, and did a 6 day overland trip to the Grand Canyon in April of this year. After that I got the bug and joined the club in May.
See you on the trails.

PXL_20210907_143443675.jpg

Long overdue intro.
My name is Mark, and I am your Public Lands Coordinator (thanks for your vote!).

My 2017 TRD OR AC was the dealer's parts truck. Bought it pre-COIVD, and it only had 17K miles. Now has 24K miles (still new by Toyota standards).
I am a former Army Captain, and spent 12 years in Special Operations and Intel. Got out in 2001.
I currently work as a government service civilian for the Navy doing research and development, and one of my portfolios is off road driving and tactical/non-tactical vehicles (my dream job!).
I started occasionally off-roading over the last few years while attending courses, and did a 6 day overland trip to the Grand Canyon in April of this year. After that I got the bug and joined the club in May.
See you on the trails.
Thank you for your service!

Hi my name is Paul and I am a Yota newbie.

I have fond memories of wheelin’ as a kid in my brother’s (vehicle that we do not speak) and wheelin with other guys who just loved their Yotas. I have desired a Yota, but I liked bicycles and motorcycles too much to pursue buying a Yota truck. Even though Back to the Future gave me a hankering for a Yota pickup… that thing is still cool. Was there another famous car in that movie?

Continuing forward…. I lived in the forbidden state *cough” California *cough* before moving to Montana. I used to MTB with big Mike from Marlin Crawler and he kept selling me on the Yota’s 4x4 capability. So, the Yotas kept crawling (bad dad pun intended) to the front of my mind and never really went dormant. The Marlin guys are good folk and I’ll always have good memories of Mike even though I never wheeled with him.

Fast forward to 2021. My daughter started driving this year… wonder if this correlates to the new grey hairs….or maybe its the boys noticing her…. Anyhoo back to the Yota story. I took her driving as the opportunity to buy a third vehicle for the family. So, I joyfully gave into the urge to buy a Yota. I bought a 2012 4Runner Trail a few months back. It is mostly stock, but I hope to get it dirty and find some new places to fat bike, mountain bike, or just explore with the family.

I look forward to getting to know ya all on 406 cruisers. Thanks to all who got this group together.

IMG_0062.jpeg

Welcome Paul. I too came from California, and made the smart move here (Billings) 5 years ago. Hope to see you on some trail rides.

Thanks all! I plan to take my son to the Christmas tree run this year. I'm a newb so hopefully ya all can be patient, but I'm not scared to get dirty.

on the bright side I have aged well

on the down side I wish I grew a little taller with age. :)

Hi all!
My name is Mike, I’m originally from New Hampshire but have lived in Bozeman for the last 13years. I finally made an account for this after attending the trail run yesterday and the last two meetings. I had a blast yesterday and will make sure to share pictures when I get them from my friend.

I don’t own a cruiser but I’ve had a ‘94 4Runner and now a ‘16 Tacoma. I used to drive trails in the area with friends but they’ve all left so I’m excited to find new friends to drive with. I’ve done the front bumper, some lights, an SPOD and an ARB compressor (that I used for the first time yesterday). I also just recently put a gfc on top.

6DF6FD16-191D-4AC7-93D1-00497B3AA8CF.jpeg

Hi all!
My name is Mike, I’m originally from New Hampshire but have lived in Bozeman for the last 13years. I finally made an account for this after attending the trail run yesterday and the last two meetings. I had a blast yesterday and will make sure to share pictures when I get them from my friend.

I don’t own a cruiser but I’ve had a ‘94 4Runner and now a ‘16 Tacoma. I used to drive trails in the area with friends but they’ve all left so I’m excited to find new friends to drive with. I’ve done the front bumper, some lights, an SPOD and an ARB compressor (that I used for the first time yesterday). I also just recently put a gfc on top.

View attachment 2863482
Welcome Mike! Great meeting you yesterday. Thanks for joining us.

kalispell I assume???? I dont think I recognize your rig, but I haven't been home in awhile, and haven't been home much at all since Oct of 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom