406 Cruiser Heads - Introductions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sure know about the mod deal, I bought an 82 new and like a young idiot decided i needed a pickup for my new business more and traded it off at townsend ford. Always wondered if it's still alive, probably rusted away like the majority of them. No red paint under it is there?
I see no traces of red at all. However, previous owner did state he bought it from a fella in Townsend. I believe that was in 2000.

When he purchased it it in Townsend it looked like it does now. He did nothing to it, that I’m aware of. Pretty interesting :)

Sure do like seeing the 40's kept on the road, it's a never ending challenge. Got rid of mine in 85
Same elkun1. Proud to help keep it going. Plus the thing’s a blast to drive :)

Signing in at last after attending a couple 406 meetings. I'm Pete in Bozeman. 2nd Gen Taco that I've been slowly building, since I had to sell off the Jeep. Wife did not like it as a second car given the 37" wheels and associated soft top road noise. the Tacoma is currently set up with a winch and the OME BP-51 suspension. Got the CB set up a couple weeks ago. I did the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route last year...Magruder Corridor, Lolo Trail, etc., and managed a day up to Blue Lake, which most of you know is a nice run up past Independence. Its was a nice day in the fall, but with rain coming in that night we bailed up out of the Blue Lake turn around before it got sloppy. So looking forward to the runs and trips this summer with the more experienced to continue to learn the art. I was an avid motorcycle rider for 50 years and finally sold the BMW GS & KTM after many happy years with them due to a Trauma 1 hospital offroad accident. The leg has a lot of titanium in it nowadays. So sale money went into the Tacoma. All good in the end! Cheers

Well, now that I officially have a land cruiser.... I'm Marie, I've been to a handful of meetings and one of the trail rides. My other vehicle is a PITA range rover, but I just bought this 3x locked 1997 lx450. Super stoked on the rig, can't wait to make it as questionably reliable as my rover and really get to know her. She's been a dream so far, excited to put it to work. eventually.
IMG_8888.png

Hi guys/ girls, my names Cj. I’ve been to a couple of the meetings and have gotten to know some of the members. Since Marie already did an intro I figured that I probably should too😅. I’ve had my 80 for the last year and it’s by far,
E9EE07A2-9D69-41DB-9597-D8E705750099.jpeg
my favorite car I’ve ever owned. It’s got 300k on the clock and still a ripper. I’m lookin forward to getting to know everybody better and to go wheeling more.

Marie, good choice on buying your 3x lock 97' Lexus! I have the same one and I love it! Enjoy!!!

I LOVE my 3X 80! It is very stable and it will go lots of places that I probably should not o_O ! It is pretty much loaded and done now, but I can remember when it was stock like yours. Good luck with the build and I will keep my eyes out for it driving around Bozo or on a club run! :deadhorse:...............
IMG_5384.jpg
IMG_5383.JPG

Hey mud,
My names Jackson and I just recently moved to Bozeman to work and go to school and I’m looking to meet some new people with similar interests. I have a 95’ cruiser with a Cummins r2.8 swap that I did last year that hasn’t seen a whole lot of offroad since the swap so that definitely needs to change. Also have a 05’ Honda crf450x that I’m currently fixing on a bit but should be up and running shortly.

If anyone is interested in seeing the project or doing some light off-roading would love to get out and meet some new people!

Hey folks,
Livingston based 60 owner here! I've had her since February. Recently got a new a/c compressor. A slew of light maintenance items have been checked off so far. Working up the confidence for some more involved projects in the future. I'd like to add a rear tire carrier this year and begin patching some rust spots.

Got a couple boys, a wife and a dog who all love riding on trails so we are always looking for the next adventure!

wCJZwfN.jpg

Hey folks,
Livingston based 60 owner here! I've had her since February. Recently got a new a/c compressor. A slew of light maintenance items have been checked off so far. Working up the confidence for some more involved projects in the future. I'd like to add a rear tire carrier this year and begin patching some rust spots.

Got a couple boys, a wife and a dog who all love riding on trails so we are always looking for the next adventure!

wCJZwfN.jpg
Still on of my most favorite 60's around. Great running and driving truck and very little cancer compared to most around here!

Still on of my most favorite 60's around. Great running and driving truck and very little cancer compared to most around here!
never thought id see the day when johnny would say favorite and 60 in the same sentence

never thought id see the day when johnny would say favorite and 60 in the same sentence
Aaron youre doing me dirty man... 62's... I don't like 62's. 60's that are maintained and we'll tuned like @mmcracken 's is a different story

Aaron youre doing me dirty man... 62's... I don't like 62's. 60's that are maintained and we'll tuned like @mmcracken 's is a different story

blaspheme... all Cruisers are wonderful.

Hi All

A Bozeman-based new 60 owner here. Bought in May, mechanically sound (so far). Some minor improvements made with more to come.
Looking forward to meeting folks as it becomes easier...someday. In the meantime enjoying the 'social distancing' capability the 60 provides myself and family!
fullsizeoutput_9a9.jpeg

Question: I've looked around and not found...but...anyone know of anything like a 'self-service' garage near Bozeman? Would be a good thing, I think.

Hi All

A Bozeman-based new 60 owner here. Bought in May, mechanically sound (so far). Some minor improvements made with more to come.
Looking forward to meeting folks as it becomes easier...someday. In the meantime enjoying the 'social distancing' capability the 60 provides myself and family!
View attachment 2371395

Question: I've looked around and not found...but...anyone know of anything like a 'self-service' garage near Bozeman? Would be a good thing, I think.

Welcome!! There’s a community shop for bicycles, but the only diy automotive shop I’m aware of is at MSU campus and I believe restricted to students...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom