406 Cruiser Heads - Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello folks, I'm new round here but not to cruisers. Hell my DOG is named "cruiser", anyway... I'm a fulltime blacksmith (semi-retired Master Diesel Tech) and I'm always in the middle of something. Currently it's a diesel/5 speed/dana 60 swap on a 64 FJ 40. If I can be of help give me a shout. Fab work and custom this and that is my specialty! I'm outside of Great Falls... I make custom knives and spurs for he most part now with some ornamental iron work on the side when I can. here are a few pics of my work.

20190120_131234.jpg

20190909_155504.jpg

damascus spur Close up..jpg

nessmuk 2.jpg

Hey guys, I’m Richard, I just moved here from Hampton, VA. I had an fj55 in college and was in Upstate Cruisers at that time. Currently don’t have a cruiser, but I do have a 2015 TRD Pro Tacoma. Hoping to meet some folks, do some wheeling and camping. Here’s a photo from when I was in MT with my buddy ClemsonCruiser a few years ago.

755BB96A-3A7B-4F25-A5B7-403A11E64FD0.jpeg

Hey guys, I’m Richard, I just moved here from Hampton, VA. I had an fj55 in college and was in Upstate Cruisers at that time. Currently don’t have a cruiser, but I do have a 2015 TRD Pro Tacoma. Hoping to meet some folks, do some wheeling and camping. Here’s a photo from when I was in MT with my buddy ClemsonCruiser a few years ago.

View attachment 2191276

where'd you land in MT?

Should’ve been more clear on that, I’m in Bozeman, working for MSU.

Hey Richard, I'm Ben, I grew up on the Outer Banks, went to Clemson and now live in Bozeman. We may have a thing or two in common. I'd be down to meet up for some coffee or beer sometime. Let me know what works for you.

Hi everybody - I'm Shane. I went to UM in Missoula, class of '01, and have just moved from New Mexico to the Butte area yesterday. My wife's a physician and took a job at St. James here - we get the rare and weird honor of being the new guys in town... during a pandemic.

20 years ago when I was leaving college, I was bittersweet about having to leave and hoping that some day I'd be able to figure out a way to live in Montana again. Now as a married guy with all the outdoor hobbies under the sun and a truck that can take me to the deepest parts of the state, I am beyond excited to be here. Catch us out 4x4 camping, fly-fishing, trail running, MTBing, backpacking, XC skiing, alpine ski touring or husky skijoring somewhere, all four seasons.

I'll be on the lookout for a good Toyota mechanic, and also a good diesel mechanic. If anyone's got recommendations in Butte or the Bozeman or Missoula areas, please let me know! I've worked myself up to about a 4/10 on the mechanical aptitude, but want to establish a relationship with a good, trusted shop. Custom truck = custom problems!

Once this Covid s*** all clears, I'll be keen to meet up, see the backroads and logging trails by Cruiser. Until then... self-quarantine.
IMG_2774.jpg
IMG_2795.jpg
IMG_7508.jpg

Welcome Shane, our wheeling season up here is short but sweet! Welcome to the last best place.

You'll find true Cruiser heads and good mechanics at Overland Cruisers here in Bozeman, they won't be afraid of your custom problems.

Stay safe, we all sure appreciate your wife and everyone in the health care system these days. Please thank her for me.

We look forward to meeting you at a meeting sometime soon.

make sure you try the Wop Chop @ Freeway Tavern and put the spicy sauce (horseradish concoction) on it!

last time we were there it wasn't the greatest, just average.

during the warmer months, I like Matt's for burgers and a shake
or other times, there's always Sparky's

Hi all, I'm a fairly new Bozeman-ite... biked through on a cross country trip in 2018, and knew I had found where I belonged. Just moved out for good in February from the east coast, chasing full time engineering jobs instead of seasonal.

I've been in on the Yota world for a little over a year, when my boyfriend bought a '13 Tacoma and started building it out. I just purchased my first LC a few weeks ago, and already love it. Looking to do both bumpers, lift, and already ordered 33's for her. A new paint job will also be in the works once I have a little more income!

IMG_20200506_211527_078.jpg

Hey folks, I’m Mitch. I live in Bozeman and have for the last 8 years. Married w three boys (high school, middle school, grade school). I have longed for a cruiser for a couple decades. Plenty of stories of near misses, etc. always dreamed of a 60 since high school so I could pretty much live out of it. As I got older I moved to looking for a 40 since it wouldn’t be my primary driver (but it will get used and driven regularly). I finally landed one this week and am just giddy w joy. My wife was good enough to allow me to blame it on a mid life crisis (whatever :)) I’ll take it. Found it locally, so far so good. Only had it a few days, been out driving it every evening. I’ll spend some quality time w it this weekend. I snuck a few pics in the garage this morning for a neighbor I’ll share. Happy to be here, looking forward to years of fun w this thing and others out there. See ya soon,

C9AAF1EC-CC0E-497C-9751-4377F4021063.jpeg

3EFE6314-4CD6-4E74-B945-EADF7BB4C5D6.jpeg

FEF114CD-FB6E-47F4-863D-6846BAC578C2.jpeg

8F246546-0CF2-4053-989D-DCFD4F060F22.jpeg

Hey folks, I’m Mitch. I live in Bozeman and have for the last 8 years. Married w three boys (high school, middle school, grade school). I have longed for a cruiser for a couple decades. Plenty of stories of near misses, etc. always dreamed of a 60 since high school so I could pretty much live out of it. As I got older I moved to looking for a 40 since it wouldn’t be my primary driver (but it will get used and driven regularly). I finally landed one this week and am just giddy w joy. My wife was good enough to allow me to blame it on a mid life crisis (whatever :)) I’ll take it. Found it locally, so far so good. Only had it a few days, been out driving it every evening. I’ll spend some quality time w it this weekend. I snuck a few pics in the garage this morning for a neighbor I’ll share. Happy to be here, looking forward to years of fun w this thing and others out there. See ya soon,

View attachment 2337705

View attachment 2337706

View attachment 2337707

View attachment 2337709
Looks nice, I can see the dollars just beginning to fly on this one. put a piece of plywood on top of those runners to give your strike hound a comfy place to ride. Looking forward to getting out with you, this an 82?

Looks great! I had an 82 once. Nice score!

Last edited:
Looks nice, I can see the dollars just beginning to fly on this one. put a piece of plywood on top of those runners to give your strike hound a comfy place to ride. Looking forward to getting out with you, this an 82?
Yes sir. ‘82

Those runners aren’t my thing, and they have put 16 bolt holes through the hood. The person that installed them did a good job though and probably enjoyed them, just not for me. I did have to look past a few modifications that weren’t for me. But the pros did far outweigh the cons for me :)

Those runners aren’t my thing, and they have put 16 bolt holes through the hood. The person that installed them did a good job though and probably enjoyed them, just not for me. I did have to look past a few modifications that weren’t for me. But the pros did far outweigh the cons for me :)
Sure know about the mod deal, I bought an 82 new and like a young idiot decided i needed a pickup for my new business more and traded it off at townsend ford. Always wondered if it's still alive, probably rusted away like the majority of them. No red paint under it is there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom