40 Electrical issues (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1MOA

SILVER Star
Threads
Have had some progressively worse wiring issues.
My gas gauge and the temp gauge stopped working a few weeks ago and I just figured it was the wiring being finicky and kept driving it. The fuses seemed fine and everything else works.
Yesterday I tried seeing if I could track down the issue and found nothing but when I went to start it the battery was dead. It jumped and ran just fine but after I let it run and drive it for about 10 mins I parked it and shut it off and the battery had no juice what so ever.
Any ideas on where to start?

Check the battery voltage running ( after jumping it to start ) , should be 13.5 to approximately 14.5 volts. If 12 volts or less, it’s not charging.

Battery is probably toast as @CondeCruiser said. If your gauges still don’t work. Check grounds.

Got the charging starting sorted. It was the positive on the starter was loose. I tightened it up and all is golden.Still can not figure out why that would affect the charging other than the voltage regulator was not sensing the correct voltage because of the bad connection. Never seen that on the positive side. Still have no joy on the fuel and temp gauges but everything else works fine.

Fuel and temp may be a bad ground in your gauge cluster. That’s where they would be common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom