4 speed issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
On my long(15 hour) drive home from Cruiser Days, I had a problem shifting into 3rd gear. both from second and when downshifting from 4th. It would not go in unless I jammed it in with a little grinding. At idle it would work no problem, and I tried double/ triple shifting, and it helped a bit, but would usually kill my momentum up hill and I would have to hit 2nd. Today I drove to work, and without the engine warm yet, it worked perfectly, and I actually had more trouble shifting into second. What is up with that? did the highway drive do something to the 3rd gear syncro? heat up too much and not work? low on fluid (I will check today)? I have no clue about the inner workings of the trannies, but would like to know what is going on.
Thanks,
Deny

You need to replace the plastic bushing that sits under the shifter lever. It's a $20 part and only requires that you pull the shifter and the old bushing out. You DON'T need to do anything to the tranny.

anybody have a part number for this part,
I haven't tried Toyota yet, but my brother did a few months ago, and said they couldn't get it.
Thanks,
Deny

Talk to Gord at Pim Pattison Toyota in Surrey. He knows the part I'm talking about.

try www.sor.com look under trannys you will find them they arent that expensive but the handling fee will probably be more then the part. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom