Cause Dan Said I didn't do anything (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I was getting sick of the blue fenders, so I got out a bit of white and a tad of brown tremclad, a bit of rolling and now I think I got a colour for the rest of the truck (If I get around to it;)
P2270087.jpg
P4170150.jpg

I dunno Deny. It's not green! ;)

So is my face. Actually it's brown... just came back from day 2.5 at the dump.

It looks pretty good. Are you taking each part off to paint? If so, how long do you figure that'll take? I didn't notice the change from chrome to black but I like it.

Looks good. I could have given you the gold fender that came off the truck. The front corner is a bit tweeked though.

Gold is almost all gone, just have to clean up the tailgate a little from the pealing bondo and ducktape before I give it a roll and cut the rockers and rear quarter off.
P5010169.jpg
P5010170.jpg

And while I'm on here might as well through a couple random pictures in also. Old rusty got some company in the back alley, couple bronco buddies. And brought home a well abused 60, I don't think there is one strait panel, but we did bomb start it pretty easy and I drove it up onto the trailer:hillbilly:
P5010168.jpg
P5010166.jpg
P5010167.jpg

btw sorry abut the tailgate. thats the way i got it too :(

hopefully im going down to the states on a bit of a parts run, you want me to pick you up a tailgate?

Put on the longer rear shackles and a few other minor things today after I got back from wedding this afternoon. Still need to swap over a few good driveshafts and see where the gas tank is leaking (might have to swap one of those in too if I can't fix it) before the long weekend trip.
P5090185.jpg

btw sorry abut the tailgate. thats the way i got it too :(

hopefully im going down to the states on a bit of a parts run, you want me to pick you up a tailgate?

Don't worry about the tail gate, I saw that when I was buying it. If you see a tailgate for cheap, I might be interested, but I am not really looking to fix up to perfection, I think I would rather just have it somewhat crappy and save my pennies for rear barn doors.:hillbilly:
Cheers,
Deny

huh, didnt know the gas tank leaked?

probably those stupid vent lines:frown:

truck looks great Deny

Your 60 is looking so swank Deny its name ought to be Hillary. :cheers: :p

Only leaks when it is completely full, so I think its either a vent line, or a rock got in behind the strap somewhere up high and eventually wore into the tank to make it leak. It is up high though and I can't really see where, since the frame is in the way, and it just flows down the pass. strap, so I will have to drop it to have a look, good thing is the 500 beater looks like it has a really good tank.

Nope it was in a farmers place near Sexsmith just north of Grande Prairie Alberta. The guys that had it bought and beat the heck out of it on the farm in the swamp. They said it went real good, but it needed better tires, so when they got it stuck they had to keep it running (no starter) untill the got back to the house, got a tractor and pulled it out. They ran it into trees, and said it was good fun vehicle to jump in, slam a few beers and drive around the property with. They also said it was good in the bog, cause it smoked so much, it kept the mosquitos away:hillbilly: And here I though I was redneck.

Looks good.
Going to have the quarters chopped for May Long?

Probably not, cosmetics are last on the list as it comes to crunch time, hoping to swap driveshafts and fix fuel tank issues this weekend, then go over reg. maintenence and pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom