For Sale 3Link Front Lifted 80 for Sale - Denver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought this Cruiser (Lexus 450) a few months back from a fellow Mud member who built it. I had another 97 Cruiser that was moderately modified and we had good intentions of using this one in a similar fashion. Unfortunately, we were extremely busy this summer and didn't get to use it or work on it and ended up taking our '98 100 series Cruiser instead. I have also come to the conclusion that given our usual camping situation, this is probably not the ideal vehicle. Typically we camp in a fifth wheel trailer that leaves my wife driving the second vehicle. While I have no doubt the three link front suspension will be a significant upgrade off road, it does have its trade-offs on the highway at higher speeds. To be fair, I drove it about 1300 miles home to Denver from Oregon, with a significant amount of that on the interstate and it wasn't terrible. However, above about 70mph, you definitely have to be paying attention to the truck and the steering is fairly sensitive. For our use in southern Colorado, a locked 80 on 35s would be more than sufficient. This one was built using jcardona1's FJ80 as the blueprint. Having said all that, I'm considering selling it if somebody else can finish up the details on it and put it to good use.

The highlights are:

· 196k miles
· 4 Wheel Underground's 3Link front suspension (Stage 3) with Radflo shocks
· Matching Radflo rear shocks with OME rear shocks
· 4x4 Labs front and rear bumpers
· 4x4 Labs sliders
· 5.29 gears with all wheel and axles bearings replaced with Koyo or Timkin
· Nitro gear axles and berfs
· 37" tires on beadlock wheels (with matching spare - very few miles on tires or wheels)
· Fenders cut, cladding removed, and bottom belt stripe sprayed with bed liner
· ARB front and rear lockers - compressor mounted in rear
· Lockers are controlled with the stereo
· Aisin hubs on front end allowing for 2x4 use
· OEM Toyota snorkle kit
· Viper alarm and remote start system
· Alpine INE-W967HD stereo with JL Audio ZR separates, Polk audio coax rear
· JL HD amps to power front and rears along with JLW6v3 10" sub in custom box

While I haven't driven the truck much since getting it home, there are a couple issues that will need to be sorted out

· The slider on the right side is close to the rear tire. It appears to fit the cats correctly, etc. so I'm not sure why it looks like it's sitting too far back on the truck
· Engine does leak some oil - perhaps the rear main seal
· At certain speeds, there Is a subtle growl when you're off the throttle - previous owner speculated pinion angle may need to be adjusted
· There is some RPM related noise in the stereo. Again, it's not terribly pronounced but if you really listen, you can hear it. Besides the little bit of noise, it is the best sounding stereo I've ever heard in a vehicle.
· Battery goes dead after a couple days if it isn't driven. The battery is fairly new but could still be bad or there's some draw on the system.
· Cosmetically, it's not a show vehicle. Paint is mostly in okay shape, roof rack was removed and those spots should be painted better than they were, hood is fading, front seats could use new covers, etc.

Asking Price: $22,500

While it's fair to note that I did pay less than that, getting it home was not cheap and given the previous owner spent over $32k on the truck plus the base value of the vehicle and did not value any of the time building it, it's still a tremendous value at $22,500 (even if only evaluated in terms of all the parts that are present). I'm open to reasonable offers but probably not interested in trading for anything but another 80 with similar miles and a more limited build.

It is also worth noting that I likely won't see the Colorado title back for a couple weeks so if purchasing it and having me mail you the title later is an issue, please keep that in mind. Truck is in Denver. I have not had an emissions test done here so if you're in Colorado, we'd have to get that done.

Lots of pictures here…
https://photos.app.goo.gl/0jAykpodsx4ybJRJ3

The original build thread is here…
The Rebirth: FJZilla 2.0

Parts list…
4X4Labs Front Bumper $1,150
4X4Labs Rear Bumper Double Swing w/Tire Holder $1,725
4X4Labs Sliders $995
AFE Prodry Air Filter $57
Aisin Free Wheel Hub $290
Aisin Hub 300M upgrade gear $110
Alpine INE-W967HD $1500
Alpine KAC-001 $150
ARB CKMTA12 Twin Air Compressor $492
ARB Manifold Kit $64
ARB RD132 front locker $911
ARB RD142 rear locker $911
ARP Steering Arm Knuckle Studs $178
ATX WHEELS AX757 CHAMBER PRO II BEADLOCK BLACK $2,305
Axle Rebuild Kit $175
Barnes 4WD Frame Shock Tower $135
Cruiser Crap $99
Cruiser Gear Paracord Handles $80
Denso O2 Sensor $49
Extended Front Drive Line w/ New Flange & U-joints $272
Four Wheel Underground 3 Link Kit w/ Rear Shocks Stage 3 $4,531
Front & Rear Window Belt Moulding $157
Front Pinion Solid Spacer $32
G&J Aircraft Front Extended Stainless Steel Brake Lines $63
Heater Valve $37
iPad Pro mount $112
JL Audio 10W6V3 $400
JL Audio HD600/4 $675
JL Audio HD750/1 $675
JL Audio ZR650-CSi Separates $700
Knuckle Rebuild Kit w/ koyo wheel bearings $195
Les Schwab 27F Xtreme Power Battery $132
Lokka Part Time 4WD Kit $299
Manafre Rear Stainless Steel Brake Lines $98
Manafre Sway Bar Drop Brackets $52
Metal Tech 4X4 Offset Rear Lower Links $325
Metal Tech 4x4 Rear Upper Links $250
Metal Tech Rear Sway Bar Drop Bracket $35
Nitro Gear Chromoly Birf Kit $737
OME 2423 Rear Coil $224
OME Rear Panhard $239
Panavise Ram Mount Holder $33
Polk Audio MM651 Rear Coax $137
Rear Lower Shock Mounts $50
Rear Pinion Solid Spacer $55
RHD Toyota Steering Arm $130
Ring & pinion kit front $146
Ring & pinion kit rear $123
Ring & pinion sierra front $215
Ring & pinion sierra rear $222
Rough Stuff Steering Stops $7
Rough Stuff Toyota Knuckle Gusset $19
Slee High Steer Arms $550
StopTech Brake Rotors & Raybestos Calipers $832
Toyo 37/13.50 Open Country M/T $2,189
Toyota OEM Air Cleaner Hose $86
Toyota OEM FJ80 Snorkle $300
Toyota Radiator Cap $11
Toyota Remanufactured Starter $189
Toyota Thermostat $16
Toyota Thermostat Gasket $3
Toyota Transfer Case Bearing $32
Toyota Transfer Case Oil Seal $16
Trail Gear Trail Safe Knuckle Ball Wiper Seals $62
Versionex Bodyshop Cut & Modify Front & Rear Fenders $3,200
Versionex Bodyshop Raptor Black Urethane Spray On Bed Liner $400
Versionex Bodyshop Snorkle Install $150
Viper LCD 2-Way Security + Remote Start System $700
Whiteline BTR46X Rear Sway Bar $252
Wits' End Modified Toyota Blue Fan Clutch $249
Wits' End Seat Extension Bracket Kit $142

Total in parts and body work - $32,132

Please PM with any questions and how best to contact you. Thx

20171105_223931182_iOS.jpg

20171105_224023489_iOS.jpg

20171105_224530322_iOS.jpg

20171105_224819271_iOS.jpg

What was the upshot on this? What did you get for it, if you don't mind me asking?

Didn't sell it. Still hoping to get to use it some but might entertain selling it.
great looking rig. I'm just about to wrap up a very long engine rebuild in my 97 lx450. trying to determine what course of action to take.......sell it as is, make some improvements and then sell it, or go all out on it and keep it.

great looking rig. I'm just about to wrap up a very long engine rebuild in my 97 lx450. trying to determine what course of action to take.......sell it as is, make some improvements and then sell it, or go all out on it and keep it.
Modified 80s are a tough sell. I didn't think my old one would be but it was. My old one on 37s sold for far far less than 20k. Lots and lots of tire kickers until I reduced the price a lot. Body on mine had some dents though. Keep in mind when u modify a cruiser your modifying it to your personal taste-which is not necessarily every elses liking-or they may like it but not enough to spend 20k for it.

Last edited:
Is it still available? Have any of the issues been sorted out since the original post? It’s a real Nice rig but seems kinda high on price having to fix things to start. The sudle growl makes me nervous driving it 1000+ miles home Paying over 20k$ You’d expect it to be dialed in.

I do still have it. I changed the O2 sensors this spring, it passed emissions and I have the title. I agree it would be nice to have it all completely dialed in but there's almost $40k worth of truck and components here not counting the time to install all the pieces. The 3 link setup is also fairly rare on an 80 and I think for serious obstacles, it will be impressive. We briefly ran it while up on the lift and the noise seems to be in the transfer case. Slee says failure is rare and there are threads here where people talk about noise from the TC that seems to be harmless but I've not dug any further than that. I did drive it home myself 1500 miles and it didn't change.

You could always make an offer too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom