For Sale Price Drop For Sale NE Texas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For Sale - Price Drop - $14,000

I have found something I'd like to get. Just need to get this moved along. Shoot me an offer.

I have a 1997 Lexus LX450 (FZJ80) Triple locked with 280K miles

Located in North East Texas. Clean title

LX450 – I have owned this truck since 2018 and during my ownership it has had a lot of maintenance stuff done. I have a spreadsheet listing everything but the highlights are…

• New EGR System
  • Head Gasket
  • Pesky Heater Hose, as well as every other rubber tube in the engine bay
  • Old Man Emu “stock height’ lift
  • Spark Plugs & Distributor
  • New Radiator
  • BH3D Cup Holders, front and back.
While I was replacing the suspension stuff, we pulled all the panhard and control arms to sandblast and powder coat before reinstallation. The factory wheels (5), were also blasted and powder coated. I also did the Spare Tire Lift, that I found on the mud forum, which lifted it up about 6”. Tires are BFG KO2’s, 285-75-16, with plenty of life left in them.

It is indeed triple locked and I also added the Toyota center diff button to the dash, so you can engage center at will. All three lockers engage incredibly quickly and I try to exercise them about once a month.

The bad…

• The worst thing is probably the paint. The clear coat is shot.
  • 3 out of 4 Dash illumination bulbs are out. The good one, is behind the speedometer, so I get by.
  • Driver interior door pull is broken at the top. Not all the way through, just where it screws in.
  • Driver seat does not go forward and backward. Recline works fine, as does all positions on the passenger seat.
  • Dent in rear bumper and another on the rear pillar passenger side.
It really is in great shape as far as these old cruisers go. Interior is in amazing shape. There is a little wear here and there but none of the leather is torn or cracked through. Heat and AC both work great, as does the cruise control and even the power antenna.

Side.jpg

Dash 2.jpg

Driver Seat.jpg

Rear Pillar.jpg

hood 2.jpg

Last edited:
Opinions wanted.
Hey all. I have had this listing up for about a week now and have gotten very little in the way of response. I was curious if anyone is willing to share an opinion on why that may be. I feel like I have kept a pretty close watch on the actual sale prices for these rigs and with the condition, lockers, and maintenance, I actually thought I was starting a bit on the low side.
Just curious if the community had any input on what I might change in order to get this thing moved.

Have you tried posting on any tacoma specific forums? May be more likely to find someone already wanting to part with their taco who would consider two new toys, as they may sell one, rather than someone who wants a landy and runner but happens to have a taco.

Have you tried posting on any tacoma specific forums? May be more likely to find someone already wanting to part with their taco who would consider two new toys, as they may sell one, rather than someone who wants a landy and runner but happens to have a taco.
Thank you for the response. I will try that.

Here is the parts list and a carfax report.

Attachments

• LX450 Parts List.pdf
    195.8 KB · Views: 37
  • CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 1997 LEXUS LX 450_ JT6HJ88J6V0175623-1.pdf
    414.5 KB · Views: 48
could you post some engine bay pics and well as more undercarriage? Thanks

Opinions wanted.
Hey all. I have had this listing up for about a week now and have gotten very little in the way of response. I was curious if anyone is willing to share an opinion on why that may be. I feel like I have kept a pretty close watch on the actual sale prices for these rigs and with the condition, lockers, and maintenance, I actually thought I was starting a bit on the low side.
Just curious if the community had any input on what I might change in order to get this thing moved.
You asked.
Maybe wash the car. a clean car is a great indicator of "care". this one looks like its been run hard and put away wet. Really looks rough.. Its like looking at an ad for a house with a picture of the kitchen with dirty dishes in the sink.. IMO.. get it detailed and start over. Similar feedback for under the hood. Just looks nasty, anyone that knows these cars knows there is $5K plus above purchase price to get them up to "daily driver" status. Just have to do it based on the age. If your asking a premium for a rust free car make sure it has a premium appearance. Below the frame appears to be wet... cash machine is screaming... Im sorry... $14K for this mess... It will take another 7-9K just to make this a DD.... Good luck with the sale, this forum includes folks who know these rigs...

Exhibit A. This is who you are competing against. What rig would you purchase., For Sale - Jacksonville, FL. 1997 LX 450 / Outstanding daily driver / not triple locked / $15,500 reduced price - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/jacksonville-fl-1997-lx-450-outstanding-daily-driver-not-triple-locked-15-500-reduced-price.1330501/

Last edited:
You asked.
Maybe wash the car. a clean car is a great indicator of "care". this one looks like its been run hard and put away wet. Really looks rough.. Its like looking at an ad for a house with a picture of the kitchen with dirty dishes in the sink.. IMO.. get it detailed and start over. Similar feedback for under the hood. Just looks nasty, anyone that knows these cars knows there is $5K plus above purchase price to get them up to "daily driver" status. Just have to do it based on the age. If your asking a premium for a rust free car make sure it has a premium appearance. Below the frame appears to be wet... cash machine is screaming... Im sorry... $14K for this mess... It will take another 7-9K just to make this a DD.... Good luck with the sale, this forum includes folks who know these rigs...

Exhibit A. This is who you are competing against. What rig would you purchase., For Sale - Jacksonville, FL. 1997 LX 450 / Outstanding daily driver / not triple locked / $15,500 reduced price - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/jacksonville-fl-1997-lx-450-outstanding-daily-driver-not-triple-locked-15-500-reduced-price.1330501/

You asked.

You are comparing to Triple locked and head gasket replacement, those two are worth 7.5k to 10k by themselves.

You asked.

I appreciate your input. Not sure I agree but that's ok. A super clean, "fresh detail" look, in a sale listing is always a red flag to me. Almost like suspiciously black frame pictures, just scream that rust is being hidden. I thought in a group like this, it would be better to show it how it is. I daily it, hauling kids, between 40 and 60 miles a day and while I agree that it would look a lot better with some detailing work I think the pictures show a relatively clean and straight Land Cruiser, with a lot of the common maintenance stuff done. It is not currently one of the Show Quality examples, you see on here but those still seem to be holding around the 25K to 35K mark. I thought there was room between the very top and the clapped out pieces going for sub 10K. I guess we'll see.

But again, I don't mind your input at all. Thank you.

You are comparing to Triple locked and head gasket replacement, those two are worth 7.5k to 10k by themselves.
Thank you.
It's hard to see it but you are so right; a lot of these things are expensive! I am well over $15k into baseline stuff and repairs. If I had planned on flipping it, I would have gone for paint and bumpers. Those seem to add a bunch.
My plan was to make this my last truck. When I got it, I was in a place where I could put aside enough to work through one section at a time but then the economy turned and I just can't put back like I was, and so can;t finish it like I wanted. Rather it go to someone who can get her there.

Maybe someone would want a trail rig? It doesn’t look too bad to me but there are a few out there that are competitively priced and look nicer.
Tough market for sure. GLWS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom