3FE Owners Check-In (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got the Nomad Valve Body installed on the 3FE. It literally transforms how the rig drives now, and the improvement is immediate. The install was a total mess and took me about 6 hrs from start to finish by myself with basic tools and help from my brother when putting the new VB back into the tranny. Took a few test drives to get the air pocket all sorted and the tranny shifting nice and crisp and firm now with the 3rd lock up apparent. The A440F feels like a totally new tranny now and definitely hits the right gear when booted. This is by far my fav. mod i have done. Here is a pic of the old VB removed... Heading to the Rubicon next week and will test it out on the long haul.

View attachment 2749965
View attachment 2749966
Hey Marco, how would you describe the 3rd gear lockup that the WAT valve body upgrade provides? Is there a drop in RPM once lockup engages in 3rd gear with the WAT VB (like the RPM drop when OD engages for our 3FE A440F trannys at approx 54 mph) or do RPMs remain the same? Trying to understand this 3rd gear lockup feature better. So from what I gather, the main reasons for the for the WAT VB upgrade on the A440F is less flaring / more clamping force and 3rd gear lockup. From what I understand the increased engine braking doesn't apply to the A440F when doing this upgrade, but that's not a deal breaker for me if I am understanding the benefits correctly of this mod correctly.

Last edited:
Matt, a bracket to handle the 90A alternators would be peachy. I mangled one of mine with a grinder to allow juuuust enough room to get the belt to tension, but either a block with proper angling (to go between the motor and the bracket) or a longer bracket would both be great.

some solid TECH images of a before grinding and after grinding this bracket would be very kool to see ,,,,,

what is the issue exactly with your current cable ?

Not the guy you were asking, but on the cable from the cruise control to the throttle body- the part is NLA and no aftermarket I know about. My cable became worn somehow so the internal structure of the cable is showing through. Eventually the internal cable will stretch too far for adjustment.

I don't have one, and was interested in how it is routed

FJ80 3FE Cruise Control and acceleration cables related diagrams

1670388722888.jpeg

1670388604124.jpeg

Last edited:
I now have a TPS throttle position switch plug and play connector pigtails repair and restore kit

Includes a new OEM yazaki japan spec . Rubber weather boot too …

And the needed 3-M crimp heat shrink butt connectors too

all 💯 % japan spec parts

TPS 3FE 1 - Copy.jpeg

Last edited:
i have observed this topic being discussed many many times in my mud life ,

i have never ever seen a single TECH Photo or video on the topic ?

- i offer a industrial version Genuine NipponDenso 90A External Fan unit , also the OEM internal FAN unit for a 3FE

i know the bottom pivot tabs spacing is different ?

- why does the external fan unit work all years 3FE and the internal fan unit only some years 3FE is how i understand this to be a issue ?

View attachment 3186319

View attachment 3186320
Quick question...

Is the 90 amp unit with the external fan a direct plug and play for those 3FEs equipped with factory 80 amp alternator with external fan? I was under the impression that all factory alternator with external fan are all 80 amp unit?? Also what is the internal measurement of the mounting bracket for this 90amp unit with external fan and how is this different from the 90amp unit with internal fan offered above?

Thanks.

ML

Quick question...

Is the 90 amp unit with the external fan a direct plug and play for those 3FEs equipped with factory 80 amp alternator with external fan? I was under the impression that all factory alternator with external fan are all 80 amp unit?? Also what is the internal measurement of the mounting bracket for this 90amp unit with external fan and how is this different from the 90amp unit with internal fan offered above?

Thanks.

ML

my 90A external fan Genuine NipponDenso unit is physically the same exact dimensions lower double pivot tabs and upper clocked lock down tab ,

this is a industrial HEAVY DUTY Cold Spec. rated 100% NEW unit , NOT reman .........fyi

so , YES plug and play ...

- i don't know all the tech on the differences compared to the internal fan unit 90A ?

- there both 90A right ?

- both have the same input connector 3 pin green plug ,

- the B+ ring terminals are in slightly Differential locations , however NO mods required , its a minimal difference to be clear

- , i have mailed out many over seas too , and i have had no fitment issues brought to my attention.

- i have done the R & D and this is a excellent replacement choice for all external fan 3FE alternator applications in need of replacement .......

- lets indeed explore the internal fan interchangeability topic , here in this thread in open forum if you like , because i would like to know if this can help others meet there 3FE internal fan alternator replacement part need , as of now i don't know for sure ?

- i have been told by my DENSO Japan factory tech rep , that this is the only external fan Genuine NipponDenso unit still being currently produced in Japan , i am not aware of another variety of any kind globally either ?

- so this i can conclude as fact based information , because it came from a official DENSO Japan person .........

Last edited:
my 90A external fan Genuine NipponDenso unit is physically the same exact dimensions lower double pivot tabs and upper clocked lock down tab ,

this is a industrial HEAVY DUTY Cold Spec. rated 100% NEW unit , NOT reman .........fyi

so , YES plug and play ...

- i don't know all the tech on the differences compared to the internal fan unit 90A ?

- there both 90A right ?

- both have the same input connector 3 pin green plug ,

- the B+ ring terminals are in slightly Differential locations , however NO mods required , its a minimal difference to be clear

- i WILL circle back with the ID of the lower double tabs TECH 411 in millimeters here shortly ,

- i have been offering this for well over a year now , i have mailed out more then a few lets just say , many over seas too , and i have had ZERO fitment or other it don't work issues to work thru or deal with , to be very clear here

- i have done the R & D and this IS a excellent choice for ANY external fan older 3FE alternator in need of replacement .......

- lets indeed explore the internal fan interchangeability topic , here in this thread in open forum if you like , because i would like to know if this can help others meet there 3FE alternator replacement part need too , and as of now i don't know for sure ?

- i have been told by my DENSO Japan factory TECH REP , that this IS the LAST and only external FAN Genuine NipponDenso unit still being currently produced , i am not aware of another variety of any kind globally either ?

- so this i can conclude as fact based information , because it comes through a official DENSO Japan source .........

- thanks for letting me share

matt
Thanks Matt.

I am going to order one from your site right away as a spare.

Best,
ML

Quick question...

Thanks.

ML

- i will post the TECH. spec. DATA measurements of spacing between the bottom 2 pivot tabs below this post , i shot and produced thi
s Igram Technical-Art-Reel

on NOV. 18th 2022 , so it's solid current 411 reference resource media material .....

- ALL my various land Cruiser vehicle applications Genuine NipponDenso / OEM Alternators i offer come with ALL the key plug and play installation components ,

bottom pivot tabs long through-bolt ,
its 2 flat washers , and NON-SERATED flange nut , a genuine YAZAKI Japan spec. 3-wire green plug O-ring sealed water

proof ARMOR PLATED updated & modern latest design input-plug-connector , all parts i mention here are 100% Made in JAPAN down to the individual Electrical

general service parts i use to hand-craft in-house the B+ Ring Terminal replacement / restoration pigtail 10ga gauge white wire w/ Blue tracer stripe , the OEM

YAZAKI solid brass ring itself is twice as thick as any FJ62 or FJ80 factory original one , and i apply thick marine grade adhesive lined heat shrink over my factory

specification met double open barrel die crimped connection , to create a water proof , chemical resistent mechanical bond and seal that is tough as nails ....

hello ,

since becoming a 3FE owner operator myself now as of recent , i have been working of a few new and unique 3FE .........

lets just say little problem solvers kits ...

- if anyone has a suggestion for the 3FE anything suggestion box feel free ...

kindly
matt

Hey Matt, the other item that is NLA as of 3/2019 the EGR Valve: OEM part# 25620-61120

I haven’t seen a replacement of any sort, but is required if people want to keep the Smog system in tact.

Hey Matt, the other item that is NLA as of 3/2019 the EGR Valve: OEM part# 25620-61120

I haven’t seen a replacement of any sort, but is required if people want to keep the Smog system in tact.

i thought about your suggested idea , but i wonder if all the de-smogg'd 3FE's out there have created enough of a pre-owned parts cache that there would simply be no

real demand for a higher price point new one , even if it was a 3rd world country originated source 🤔

i do plan to de-smog mine in the near future , and don't see the need to hang onto the old parts , im on the east coast , and the 25 year old rule applies here all over ...

since were on the topic there is a good TECH. video on you tube on this subject , de-smog ....

i was able to Skunk-Works obscure TOYOTA Genuine Parts Drive correct cogged 17mm wide drive belt out of this , ill have them soon

- there is a unique special bolt for the POWER STEERING Tensioner Pully too that i have being produced currently also , you can't buy it separately , in fact Toyota has

Disc. / NLA the whole darn pulley itself ?

odd , how they do that ?

il have do double verify the 62 and 80 utilize that same parts here , as some 3FE parts do change with the translon of 62 -80

Last edited:
i thought about your suggested idea , but i wonder if all the de-smogg'd 3FE's out there have created enough of a pre-owned parts cache that there would simply be no

real demand for a higher price point new one , even if it was a 3rd world country originated source 🤔

i do plan to de-smog mine in the near future , and don't see the need to hang onto the old parts , im on the east coast , and the 25 year old rule applies here all over ...

since were on the topic there is a good TECH. video on you tube on this subject , de-smog ....

i was able to Skunk-Works obscure TOYOTA Genuine Parts Drive correct cogged 17mm wide drive belt out of this , ill have them soon

- there is a unique special bolt for the POWER STEERING Tensioner Pully too that i have being produced currently also , you can't buy it separately , in fact Toyota has

Disc. / NLA the whole darn pulley itself ?

odd , how they do that ?

il have do double verify the 62 and 80 utilize that same parts here , as some 3FE parts do change with the translon of 62 -80

This is the YouTube video I watched on how to DE-SMOG your Land Cruiser:

This is the YouTube video I watched on how to DE-SMOG your Land Cruiser:

yes ,

that's the one

the TECH seams solid , unless im missing something ?

it's a bit rough around the edges , but i have not come across anything as start to finish as this one ...

Thanks Matt.

I am going to order one from your site right away as a spare.

Best,
ML

Marco ,

i made sure ALL the related TEq plug and play 3FE goodies where in the box that you mention to remember , and i did , no worries there , :)

- B+ red boot and B+ reg terminal 10ga white wire w/ blue tracer stripe , are in box too ,

also , the Double Groove OEM pulley too , installed and torqued to spec's

i could not resist 2 last minute shots before i carefully boxed her up for you .......:D

that is one hottie there for sure ....

1671012932326.png

1671012952748.png

- ill be working on both the FJ62 and FJ80 PCV Valve molded hoses next over the holiday , as both are Disc / NLA .....sadly

- shown below in the upper RH corner of the TECH reference below

- i simply LOVE my new to me 3FE ..

toyota_3f-e.jpg1 - Copy.png

Last edited:
Marco ,

i made sure ALL the related TEq plug and play 3FE goodies where in the box that you mention to remember , and i did , no worries there , :)

- B+ red boot and B+ reg terminal 10ga white wire w/ blue tracer stripe , are in box too ,

also , the Double Groove OEM pulley too , installed and torqued to spec's

i could not resist 2 last minute shots before i carefully boxed her up for you .......:D

that is one hottie there for sure ....

View attachment 3193299

View attachment 3193300
Looks fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom