3FE Owners Check-In (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rock auto had stop tech rotors on sale not long ago, I got those and Akebono ceramic pads, remain calipers from Napa, centric replacement brake lines. Can’t comment on braking performance since I still need new rear brakes and I think my drums may be warped.
Did you get the late model 96 calipers and rotors. They are supposed to bolt right up. But you need 16" wheels and bigger dust Shields

A new check in - 1992 with 64K on the clock. Stock all around to the best of my knowledge. Has BFG ATs the PO put on less than 1,000 miles ago. Lots planned, time and money limited :^)
What’s on your checklist? I bought one late last year, though not with miles that low (64k - sweet!). Rubber under the hood was original, so I had to refresh all of that.

The suspension is a bit long in the tooth so I want to update that all around with a small lift. Nothing crazy - it is now my DD - but just enough to toughen its stance and make it look good with 33s.

I'm having a new stereo setup, speakers, and window tinting done (hopefully) this weekend.

The PO has a bull bar added on top of the stock bumper. I want to remove that and am hoping the bumper itself isn't too messed up. I want a clean look up front.

I ordered a TEQ badge and am going to replace the Toyota logo badge on the tailgate. That is the only "new" Toyota logo on the truck and I'm not really a fan of the stylized T. I like the old school Toyota text that is on the grille. I think they dropped that and went to logo on the grille.

The suspension is a bit long in the tooth so I want to update that all around with a small lift. Nothing crazy - it is now my DD - but just enough to toughen its stance and make it look good with 33s.

I'm having a new stereo setup, speakers, and window tinting done (hopefully) this weekend.

The PO has a bull bar added on top of the stock bumper. I want to remove that and am hoping the bumper itself isn't too messed up. I want a clean look up front.

I ordered a TEQ badge and am going to replace the Toyota logo badge on the tailgate. That is the only "new" Toyota logo on the truck and I'm not really a fan of the stylized T. I like the old school Toyota text that is on the grille. I think they dropped that and went to logo on the grille.
Had a completely stock 91, previously, and loved that look, but have been VERY happy with the look and performance of the 2.5 OME and 33’ ko2s on my 92. Only change I’ll make is to go to the 10.5 inch tire width on the next set of tires (12.5 is a bit much for my taste, and is more rolling resistance I would think).

Saw this on Instagram and thought of this thread 😂

Screenshot_20190411-100833_Instagram.jpg

How ya looking in the rust dept?

Hardly any rust. None on the body and minimal underneath - mostly surface stuff. It was garage kept and only has 64K.

64k, it's not true without pics

Some more photos can be found here.

Last edited:
That's a clean looking rig. With that low of miles and being a 92 I would consider making it a garage queen and get another one for using off-road.

That's a clean looking rig. With that low of miles and being a 92 I would consider making it a garage queen and get another one for using off-road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom