3F-E Desmog guide is up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Check it out here. Feel free to provide anything you think could be added to it, or just give your opinion.

Last edited:
eshelbyk said:
Wow, nice writeup! Thanks for that Spook. :beer: :beer: :beer:

How's the weather out in ol' DurkaDurkastan?

Gettin warm. Up into the upper 80s and lower 90s during the day, and mid 70s during the night. Luckily, I'm workin nights over here :grinpimp:

Muchas Gracias!!

Great write up. Perhaps Im an idiot, but is there a similar writeup for doing this to a 2F? I done several searches and cant seem to find anything as good as your writeup. Thanks, Eric

Hodag said:
Great write up. Perhaps Im an idiot, but is there a similar writeup for doing this to a 2F? I done several searches and cant seem to find anything as good as your writeup. Thanks, Eric

I think there are a few descriptions and spec sheets, but that's all I've ever seen. None that went to the extent I did of showing dirty engines and undercarriages :D

Hodag said:

I'm w/ Hodag!

There are some details for a late 2F, but nothing much beyond this:
can2f.JPG

Last edited:
great writeup! i like how you removed the cats but kept it bolt up.

do you have any more info on the cruise control? im driving to montana from south carolina and it would be really nice to have cruise control

I ended up putting on a new cat. I don't like the smell of the exhaust without the cat.

tclndcrz said:
great writeup! i like how you removed the cats but kept it bolt up.

do you have any more info on the cruise control? im driving to montana from south carolina and it would be really nice to have cruise control

Not a whole lot. From what I've managed to pick up in the past, it's a Dana unit (someone correct me if I'm wrong here), and from the quality of the installation, it was installed at the dealer where the truck was bought new (somewhere on the east coast. They put a "PERFORMANCE" decal on the back if that's any help in figuring out which dealer it was). It uses a magnet secured to the driveshaft that triggers a sensor to give the computer its speed indication, and the compter is a pink box mounted behind the driver's side kick panel. I think John (landpimp) may know a bit more about these units.

nice write up spook,

now if there was a motivated 2f desmogger out there... like pablo said their is just a collection of pics.

i would like to do one but my engrish skills are not up to the task. i'll email all the pics i have to anyone that is interested.

Last edited:
So what are the advantages to this? the site is down and I did not get to see it yet. But my project rig is going to have a 3fe and I will def. fine tune it before it get put in. I know on the 60 series I took a whole mess of stuff out for the de-smog, but I already have one rig with a 3fe in and it does not seem to have nearly as much smog as the 2f.

alkaline747trio said:
link doesn't work anymore spook?!

It's fixed now.

lowtideride said:
So what are the advantages to this? the site is down and I did not get to see it yet. But my project rig is going to have a 3fe and I will def. fine tune it before it get put in. I know on the 60 series I took a whole mess of stuff out for the de-smog, but I already have one rig with a 3fe in and it does not seem to have nearly as much smog as the 2f.
more room. less chances for your intake to get gumed up due to the egr,little more horsepower,i did notice better fuel eco.:D

Link dead again. Anyone got this saved somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom