3F-E Desmog guide is up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks @LAMBCRUSHER, there is plenty of good info in the 80 series section. I've only been running it desmoged for about 10 days. So far no code71 just my typical code25/26. I'll short the circuit if needed.

Has anyone solved the FPR issue? I was thinking about just hooking up the VSV for it. Would that work, or does it need vacuum from elsewhere?

@Spook50 Did you ever plumb up your FPR to a new VSV? Pretty sure I'm having FPR issues and noticed the FPR vacuum line is something I disconnected and I don't have the VSV's anymore.

@Spook50 Did you ever plumb up your FPR to a new VSV? Pretty sure I'm having FPR issues and noticed the FPR vacuum line is something I disconnected and I don't have the VSV's anymore.

It's not plugged into a new VSV. Just a simple nipple in the intake manifold that connects to the FPR and the (aftermarket) cruise control. Works perfectly. I'll snap a pic once I get home from work today.

It's not plugged into a new VSV. Just a simple nipple in the intake manifold that connects to the FPR and the (aftermarket) cruise control. Works perfectly. I'll snap a pic once I get home from work today.
Yeah reading up on it. It seems like the VSV just allowed atmospheric air in when the engine was hot, increase fuel pressure. Just connected a new hose to the vacuum port on the intake now using somewhat the original path.

31F7CA8D-8F66-4CF3-9FF6-960633390A96.jpeg

C59644CF-E8E4-411C-A62B-40AC20A77A37.jpeg

I took the picture when I got home last night but got caught up working on two relay boxes that came in so I completely brain farted posting it. What you did is functionally the same as what I did. The blue vacuum line going off to the right is what goes to my cruise control box. Aside from when I lost power to my fuel pump this last Christmas, I've never had any problem with fuel pressure at all.

FPR.jpg

I took the picture when I got home last night but got caught up working on two relay boxes that came in so I completely brain farted posting it. What you did is functionally the same as what I did. The blue vacuum line going off to the right is what goes to my cruise control box. Aside from when I lost power to my fuel pump this last Christmas, I've never had any problem with fuel pressure at all.

View attachment 2903130
Wait a second. No lines to the BVSV for the evap?

Man I really need to pull and plug the air injectors, looks so tiddy

Wait a second. No lines to the BVSV for the evap?

Man I really need to pull and plug the air injectors, looks so tiddy
The VSV on top of my charcoal canister (which still works after a good cleaning a couple years ago) still has the necessary lines to it, but everything on the manifold side of the engine is gone as far as smog control. The vacuum system is much more simplified. I DO still use I think two of the hard lines from that vacuum manifold, but once I eventually do the injectors, I'll make a new vacuum manifold to go underneath that'll clean it up even more and not have so many unused connections in place. Where you see an open connection without a cap in that pic just leads to another open end and isn't connected to anything.

Shouldn’t there be at least be vacuum lines running to the BVSV on the thermostat housing? This should open the VCV once operating temp is reached to allow the canister to purge. Otherwise your tank will only purge when there’s high enough vacuum in the tank to activate the check valve.

B58FBC37-E551-4788-A3DC-A4B310A803F7.jpeg

Shouldn’t there be at least be vacuum lines running to the BVSV on the thermostat housing? This should open the VCV once operating temp is reached to allow the canister to purge. Otherwise your tank will only purge when there’s high enough vacuum in the tank to activate the check valve.

View attachment 2903456
Yes those are still in place. I forget how I routed them without going out to look, but the function of the charcoal canister via the thermostat housing BVSV is still the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom