3b exhaust flange drawing/cad? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just tried to open the files and got the announcement that they are expired :-(

Any possibility of sharing them again,I want to put a turbo on my BJ43 and prefer this to flipping a 3B manifold on it.

Thanks

Joe

Oh, s***, yeah I dropped the cruiseruser.com domain a week or two ago.

Gimme a few minutes, I'll move them to a new server.

Thanks Amaurer

Downloading AutoCAD now so I can get started on this.

Joe

Thanks Drew. Used your files for the base plate on a few manifolds I welded up recently.
my-3b-manifold.jpg

Thanks Drew. Used your files for the base plate on a few manifolds I welded up recently.
View attachment 1454884

WOW! That is one haggered looking manifold. Im sure it works though. I like the log design in the previous pictures. Way simpler and clean looking too.

Yeah. Since these are for my testing purposes so I just quickly MIG welded them. If I wanted them to look good I would TIG them. These are quick and easy to make for testing different turbos. I can do 3 of them in about 2 hours from the pieces parts.

3b-manifold-2.jpg
3b-manifold-1.jpg

Did you get much warping from the weld heat?

Seems warping wasn't a problem. I didn't put a precision straight edge across them to know how much they might be off. They sit flat on my table. The one I installed bolted up flat as well. The exhaust flange is 1/2" thick and everything else is 1/4" steel all tacked into place before welding it up.

I have 4 3B engines and want to test a few different turbos developing some software. Drew's files made it easy to use square tubing for my prototyping needs.

I downloaded one of the files (thanks amaurer) and sent it to a local lazer cutting place, although they say the scale is out and the overall length of the drawing is only 16mm. does anyone know what scale adjustment is needed?

I downloaded one of the files (thanks amaurer) and sent it to a local lazer cutting place, although they say the scale is out and the overall length of the drawing is only 16mm. does anyone know what scale adjustment is needed?
I could be wrong but you may need to change the units used in the drawing as I believe the drawing was done in inches

thanks, this sounds about right as the overall length is 16mm when it should be about 400mm which is 16 inches.

There is a local mob here in Australind, Laser cutting technology. They quoted $60 for the flange in 10mm mild steel

Sorry to bring this post back alive. Looks like the links are not working anymore :(

Sorry to bring this post back alive. Looks like the links are not working anymore :(

PM me an email address. I have the first dxf file. If you have autocad you can create the 2nd profile yourself because it is the ports and bolt holes that you can't measure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom