3b exhaust flange drawing/cad? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a CAD file or dimensioned drawing of the 3B exh flange. Someone was selling laser cut flanges on here, any chance they'd share the drawing? Don't worry, for personal use...

a beer box, a hammer, drill press and grinder???

why make it hard

If you'd like, I have a 13BT exhaust manifold I can photocopy next to a ruler, and send you the scan...

Or frankly, I'm not going to be doing my turbo anytime soon, so I could mail you the manifold (or my turbo adapter, which is a lot smaller).

It's almost identical to a Chevy 3 bolt flange...

Or are you talking about manifold to head?

~John

I'm talking about manifold-to-head.

A photocopy would work, thanks!

okay, so its a little harder. but still, start by clamping your old manifold to whatever your using to bolt to your engine. me, i used 1/2 plate. drill one hole, put a bolt through it. drill two, another bolt on opposite side. then drill the rest. takes about an hour.

okay, so its a little harder. but still, start by clamping your old manifold to whatever your using to bolt to your engine. me, i used 1/2 plate. drill one hole, put a bolt through it. drill two, another bolt on opposite side. then drill the rest. takes about an hour.

I realize there are a hundred ways to magguyer something together, its not like I've never drilled a hole before. (Although you left out how to drill the big exhaust holes themselves - thats a bit harder than bolt holes)

But I'm asking for a CAD drawing or a picture with dimensions.

I started to do this to my 2H manifold, if they are the same (size opening and bolt location) i could finish what i started and send you a copy. Its a revit file though, but i can still cad it for you...

Buy an exhaust gasket and go from there.

~John

Buy an exhaust gasket and go from there.

~John

Already en route :D. OEM gaskets seem to be disco'd though, so I was concerned about the tolerances/fit of an aftermarket gasket.

Also, as I type this I realize I have a full gasket set in my rebuild kit sitting in the closet and could have just pulled it from there. :doh::censor::doh::censor:

I had this exact same problem months ago when replacing my rusted exhaust pipe. I cannot recall what I did. The last idiot mechanic that the last owner took this truck to did a bad butcher job on this exhaust. I had to buy new brackets that were missing.

I guess it is a chevy three bolt but you know, I went to the lordco in Richmond and none of there three bolt flanges would match up. Toyota wants a arm and a leg for there muffler for this truck. The original one is okay.

Bah, mud, you've failed me!! :grinpimp:

Fine, I did it myself. Attached are two versions, one is very square and simple (and wastes lots of material), the other is very curvy because... why not. Your waterjet/laser guy should be able to cut right from this file. Both are a single piece for all four exhaust ports.

<bad link>

EDIT: Updated links below.

Last edited:
Just updating this thread for posterity.

The file above (<bad link> EDIT: http://www.drewmaurer.com/3b_manifold.zip) contains two versions like this:
attachment.php

The top one has large rounded corners to make welding a log-style manifold easier. The bottom one is an exact copy of the exhaust gasket, plus extra material between runners to save on waterjet time.

I also just uploaded a second version with some extra meat around the ports for tube style manifolds (<bad link> EDIT: http://www.drewmaurer.com/3b_manifold2.zip)
attachment.php

All three have the same hole pattern and fit fine:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom