35 Years in the Making! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Waorani We’re all here for the same reason !! But I did get this done today… pulled 160’ of Telephone, internet and RG-6 cable tv wire through the conduit and used a pick and shovel to get the trench going. Seeing my cardiologist next week ( only routine but just did the stress test here in the driveway)

B71B0F06-9E7B-4A32-9F27-D35CA6D2A2B8.jpeg
01D3C5A2-6DE9-4A24-8612-6744DAE02ED2.jpeg

Had to take an easy day… muscles are screaming from yesterday. Plugged in all the wires into the house sources and went back out to the pole barn to setup the wi-fi, door lock, garage door opener, Alexa, and Sonos music speakers.

As much as our cell service is rarely working, we use wi-fi calling on our phones. Having a full blown wi-fi signal out in the pole barn is like magic. This is NJ, one of the most ridiculously overpopulated places in the nation and we have really crappy service. Verizon even offered to cancel our agreement as they measured the signals here and said , ‘yep, signal sucks’ …l it took us 21 years after cable tv was in the area to get a wire run down my driveway and only happened after I finally called the town. now we have Fios gigabit service.

Anyway, all of the connections worked great and Alexa was playing Beatles songs and Allman Brothers the last part of the day. TV and cameras get done tomorrow

Spent the weekend transferring stuff from the old garage. The pegboard has proven to be handy and has lightened the 4 tool chests quite a bit. I wonder if there is a better way to organize things.. currently it’s automotive, electrical, woodworking, metal work, general tools, and air powered stuff. On the other hand, I know there are some things on that pegboard I probably won’t find when I need them and I’ll be starring right at them

18A27959-3C9F-43EA-A915-BEA31BDB1032.jpeg

as the mess gets more organized… I’ll post a better photo

I was impressed with the brackets to hold the battery powered drills and impact wrenches.

Looking good!

Their conventional 8” pegboard hooks and spaced only enough to grip the back of the drill and under the chuck. But I used a few of these drills over the weekend multiple times and being pressed for time and energy, they went back in place easily without fussing around to be sure they won’t fall. So they’re staying put.

on the other hand, have you seen those setups to place the drills and battery packs? They look nice and there many many styles

2PCS Heavy Duty Wall Mounted Power Tool Organizer Floating Tool Shelf Storage Rack and Power Tool Holder https://a.co/d/10uldvS

Electric Update: got my house bill in the mail and now I get a separate bill for the pole barn…I think it’s great to know exactly how much more the garage will cost based on the amount of time I spend in there. After 40+ years in the house I still don’t have a handle on what the charge is when my wife leaves the tv on in the other room.

so my house bill is now around $125.00 for the month in the fall season and the pole barn ………$590.00. YIKES! After 23 minutes of horrendous music on hold I speak to an agent who transfers me to someone else… I finally just hung up. In studying the hell out of the paper bill I’d received I see that the bill was an estimated reading. The first bill was 9kw for the month. This bill is estimated for over 4870kw. CRAZY ! I ran out to check the meter and it reads 17 total….8 more than last month

we’ll get to the bottom of this estimated reading…. Got on-line and requested an actual meter reading. I’ll let you know

I have had my house and shop on two different meters (at my current place as well as my last house) for 19 years, and the shop bill has always been a small fraction of the house bill. I keep mine separate because I lease my shop to my business, and pay that electric bill with tax-free dollars from the business corporation. The only downside to having two meters is that my electric co-op charges a basic meter/service fee every month for each meter regardless of usage, but it's only like $15/month for each.

Hope they can get yours straightened out; seems like a mistake for sure.

Well this morning they sent me an email regarding their customer service response… rate 20 different questions from 1 to 10…. My highest score was 2 on the fact that after I replied ‘agent’….it got me to an agent. Of course she transferred me to another music on hold line. It ain’t over yet

@PIP ok..check this out…. Worked great, thanks

21B7F22F-2BE7-4B5F-8194-AE672466BD86.jpeg
B2C66540-72B1-4BA6-B60B-6657657B629C.jpeg

Electric Update: got my house bill in the mail and now I get a separate bill for the pole barn…I think it’s great to know exactly how much more the garage will cost based on the amount of time I spend in there. After 40+ years in the house I still don’t have a handle on what the charge is when my wife leaves the tv on in the other room.

so my house bill is now around $125.00 for the month in the fall season and the pole barn ………$590.00. YIKES! After 23 minutes of horrendous music on hold I speak to an agent who transfers me to someone else… I finally just hung up. In studying the hell out of the paper bill I’d received I see that the bill was an estimated reading. The first bill was 9kw for the month. This bill is estimated for over 4870kw. CRAZY ! I ran out to check the meter and it reads 17 total….8 more than last month

we’ll get to the bottom of this estimated reading…. Got on-line and requested an actual meter reading. I’ll let you know
We see the same s…. happening here, my brother went from €450 to an estimate of €1650 a month. They then don’t allow you to lower the monthly advance and take the money from your account. Due to high electricity and gas prices they’re affraid you won’t be able to pay your bill and they just charge you a crazy advance payment.

That sure sounds shady….my meter today reads 135, not 4800+ and that’s 2 months worth of use

That sure sounds shady….my meter today reads 135, not 4800+ and that’s 2 months worth of use
Prices for gas an poer are going through the roof.
I talked to someone who is currently paying €1,05 per KWh and €4,02 for a m3 natural gas, we are at 50% of that currently but it has tripled In less then one year.

The only downside to having two meters is that my electric co-op charges a basic meter/service fee every month for each meter regardless of usage, but it's only like $15/month for each.

Here they only allow one residential service to a property. If you add a second service it is deemed commercial and you get into demand charges and such - not worth it.

I've thought about putting a meter on the run to the workshop just so that I would have a division for my own records, but haven't done it yet.

As for the estimated bills, I hate that sh**. Years ago they'd do that to me - obscenely high bill for the "estimate" and then it would go months with no bill because I'd have a credit. After a couple rounds of this I found they would send me postcards to fill out and submit for the months that they typically estimated and that was much better. Since then they went to meters with remote reading capability and it is no longer an issue.

As for the estimated bills, I hate that sh**. Years ago they'd do that to me - obscenely high bill for the "estimate" and then it would go months with no bill because I'd have a credit. After a couple rounds of this I found they would send me postcards to fill out and submit for the months that they typically estimated and that was much better. Since then they went to meters with remote reading capability and it is no longer an issue.

Yeah, even our dinky rural electric co-op has had remote-reading meters for a long time.

Here they take the average for a year and split it up in 12 months. That way you have the same amount every month. This is fine as long as it is realistic and you don’t have to pay a big bill at the end of the year ot get a lot back for over paying.
Now they are afraid people can’t afford the high increase and they charge crazy monthly amounts just to be sure. This actually creates a Self fulfilling prophecy as people can’t afford their estimates.

They’ll do the same here if you want…they call it a budget plan..for my house that might be nice but for the garage…it should be usually under $15.00,a month

having called the power company previously and the hold times were excessive, I called at 8am this morning and got right thru… my new reading went from the estimated $580 to $18.84 for 2 months.

Whew!

Their conventional 8” pegboard hooks and spaced only enough to grip the back of the drill and under the chuck. But I used a few of these drills over the weekend multiple times and being pressed for time and energy, they went back in place easily without fussing around to be sure they won’t fall. So they’re staying put.

on the other hand, have you seen those setups to place the drills and battery packs? They look nice and there many many styles

2PCS Heavy Duty Wall Mounted Power Tool Organizer Floating Tool Shelf Storage Rack and Power Tool Holder https://a.co/d/10uldvS
I just stuck that in the old Amazon list

@Hugh Heifer that Amazon list is a shopping list and a reminder list of stuff I know I could need but easily forget !

Just doing some smaller distraction work … sorting the stuff from the old garage has gotten monotonous so I’m adding outside sconces to add a little cosmetic bling And recovering some energy and ambition. The wiring inside, now that the foam insulation is everywhere, was difficult to secure but…it’s done. Had to make a base with the profile of the corrugatEd panel to get the lights mounted. Once the paint dries, I can install them

ABBA7B09-B394-442B-AF31-CF0DD721CD30.jpeg
BEEF6EC8-7761-495A-9120-259314A3F1C9.jpeg
BB59309A-A9D5-4781-B566-0C491B87D93D.jpeg
864B77EF-5171-4025-B897-F07EEAA84F16.jpeg
45B1A97A-6009-40DA-9057-A0AABEE97ADA.jpeg

Had about an hour before it got dark and got two of the sconces mounted…2 more tomorrow
8F3445E7-F0C9-4132-93FA-BD0E8C4CE48E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom