For Sale 310k, 1998 LC 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

About how much would one go for?
ZERO rust anywhere you look.
Rebuilt engine at 285k myself, took out "old" heater T's and put in new ones.
New brakes/rotors rear, front is still good. New akebono brake pads for front.
Kickass stereo system/amp/speakers.
New shocks, struts, tires 85%.
New pins/bushings for pistons, rest looks immaculate.
EVERYTHING works FLAWLESSLY.
2nd row seat the bigger half had a huge tear so I took the seat out. I have the smaller seat 2nd row and seatbelt but I took that out for camping trips and it was just me and my girlfriend.
Looking at lifted scion xd's 4x4 conversions. Looks pretty sick.

I have pics of the rebuild up-close as I did it myself.

All maintenance up to date, no surprises.

Never towed with it, but does have a hitch as a "bumper" when parallel parking (which I'm horrible at).

It's does have a battle scar from some idiot in a parking lot rear passenger fender, not really noticeable but it's there. Got an estimate around $500 to fix.

I gotta wash it (always washed by hand) and vacuum it before pics.

Interior is perfect except steering wheel has sun damage to leather so I put on a wheel cover and have no intention of removing the dang thing, it was difficult to put on in first place....

I'm 2nd owner, first owner kept it strictly on the road. All fluids in check, just did oil with gold filter from napa.

Pfran led swap everywhere. LED running/lights/brights 32k lumen combined.

Rear/center diff locks work. 4LO/4HI work.

Reasons for selling:
*Clean title
*Driving in LA now, parking is a nightmare.
*Seen lifted scion xd, nissan cube, with 4x4 conversions still getting 20mpg somehow.....looks fun.
*I don't really off-road it like it could be, mostly gravel/dirt trails.
*Super sluggish up a mountain compared to my friends kia soul with a misfiring cylinder.
*Want something where I can actually use a cargo carrier and drive into a parking garage with the cargo carrier. This suv is way taller than I originally thought and bought a thule carrier. No more parking garages..
*got a 20 ton hydraulic jack, the stock one works but I've never trusted any stock car jack

Around 4.5-5.5k?

Why'd you rebuild the motor just out of curiosity?
Because I know how to. And 250k on anything isn't a bad idea to put in new seals and make sure any weak points checked out.
It was unclear of the previous belt being done so I did that as well and figured why not... No sludge and seals looked perfect. These engines are absolutely amazing.

Around 4.5-5.5k?
Checked out a few in the area and the ones for sale sound like crap and often have a loud clunk when shifting from P to D or R, lose steering column, spongy suspension, etc. They're asking 7k but with 200k miles. Mine is 300k and drives like 100k.. just being curious.

Just put it on market for whatever you think its worth, and drop the price as needed.

I think if it is truly rust free and you document that with pics and can show proof of all the engine maintenance you can get in the 7 to 8k range maybe. Steering rack and cv boot/joint health would help you. Getting the interior seats trsightened out with maybe one from a part out truck would help. That's my thoughts. I could be off base.

Just posted to cl with pics.

If you rebuild the engine with OEM parts, then thats great and adds value to the truck, else you lessen the life of a good running toyota engine and dropped its selling price.

Just put it on market for whatever you think its worth, and drop the price as needed.

^^^^ This.

Plus this really isn't 'tech'. List it in the classified ads section. Good luck on your sale.

It's not a terrible ad but there's nothing to be gained from saying "testing the market only", and sellers need to set a price. Give people something to shoot at. And you've said that the shocks were replaced at 3 million miles.

You really need better pictures to fetch what you want with that rig. Take the stickers off the gauge cluster/rear window, pull the vent air fresheners, CLEAN THE ENGINE BAY, remove the panda head, tighten the front seat pocket nets, and install all of the seats (use covers if the tear is real bad). Take pic's during the daytime. When you proclaim, NO RUST, be sure to include several chassis and under body pictures. Why does it need to pass CA smog if it is registered in Colorado (I spy CO plates)?

Mostly, I am shocked your oil pressure at idle is so low after a rebuild. Was the motor really rebuilt or did you just replace the head gaskets and a few seals? That is fine, but is referred to as "freshened up". Listing the machine shop who bored the cylinders, balanced the rotating assembly and checked the heads and valves will help speak to the rebuild quality. The blurry and greasy short block picture doesn't give me confidence in the rebuild.

Based on the ad alone, I would wouldn't offer more than $4k.

Get rid of "testing the market only" either you want to sell it or not. Shiit or get off the pot. All in or don't waste folks time.

It's does have a battle scar from some idiot in a parking lot rear passenger fender, not really noticeable but it's there. Got an estimate around $500 to fix.

Is that a big scuff or a DENT and a scuff. The reason I ask is...it would be a $1000.00 dollar fix in my area all day long.

Ding.jpg

“Rebuilt engine”
“New seals”

Hence why I asked what was replaced in the rebuild...it doesn’t sound like there was any head work/rings/bearings done. I wouldn’t even look at the vehicle given the lack of information.

New pins/bushings for pistons, rest looks immaculate.

Not trying to pile on here, I'm really not...but the more I re-read your post...the more questions I have.

Why would you replace the wrist pins and what 'bushings' are you talking about for the pistons?

Was the engine rebuilt (I.E. new pistons, rings, main and rod bearings, head work and all new gaskets)?

Not trying to pile on here, I'm really not...but the more I re-read your post...the more questions I have.

Why would you replace the wrist pins and what 'bushings' are you talking about for the pistons?

Was the engine rebuilt (I.E. new pistons, rings, main and rod bearings, head work and all new gaskets)?

I'm on the same boat.... maybe he meant the rod bearings?

I'm on the same boat.... maybe he meant the rod bearings?

^^^^^ Maybe. But I'm skeptical. If he doesn't know the correct terminology or where the components go, I'd be leery of the engine 'build'.

"New pins/bushings for pistons, rest looks immaculate. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom