300lb torque wrench !!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj80oregon

GOLD Star
Threads
Anybody in Portland Oregon or close by have a 300ftlb torque wrench I can borrow to torque my crank pulley bolt down? The store wants 45$ for rental for the day. And I can’t justify buying one since I already have 2.

Harbor Freight if it's close enough. 90 day no questions asked return policy.

$45 isn't too bad for two pulls.

...or check your local club.

I don't get it.. you rent the tool for $45, return said tool and get your $45 back.. O'reillys, Autozone and Advance have the same tool program

I have one in Battle Ground, WA. PM me if you want.

I don't get it.. you rent the tool for $45, return said tool and get your $45 back.. O'reillys, Autozone and Advance have the same tool program
I wish all the auto parts stores only have wrenches that go to 250ftlb. I am going to a tool rental place where you rent with no return.

Hi, What ever you do get it right! Robbins Toyota of Texarkana,Arkansas got it wrong years ago and ruined my crank! Which cost me a ton of time and money.Mike

I just went through this same thing and ended up buying one from Summit Racing for $175

I believe 300ftlb = 2.5 seconds of 1/2in impact from hand tight. I don’t have my chart in front of me, but I believe that also converts to 3 grunts on the 36in cheater bar.

The tech spec is: Tight as ****

Yea, if I see a torque spec over 200 I’m going to assume they just mean “get that f*cker singing tight” :hillbilly:

jk sounds important, best use the wrench
Yah that's what I was thinking but since it runs the oil pump and power steering pump I figure I better be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom