300 series rumors??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure how we ended up talking about the X7, but I’d venture to say it’s a less compromised vehicle than a 200/300.

200/300 is great for a niche buyer, but that buyer is willing to compromise on a lot of expectations most buyers at the price point have.

Not sure how we ended up talking about the X7, but I’d venture to say it’s a less compromised vehicle than a 200/300.

200/300 is great for a niche buyer, but that buyer is willing to compromise on a lot of expectations most buyers at the price point have.
In what areas is the 300 compromised?

Not sure, it’s not coming to the states. But based on what I’ve seen it’s the 200 with more power and better tech and lockers in the GR trim.

Compromises vs something like a q7:
-tech. It will likely have the same peasant-grade camera resolution my 2021 Sienna has.
-ride quality. It will drive like a truck because it’s a truck. Not passing judgement, but objectively, that’s a compromise assuming the same use-case as a q7, which is to say, pavement.
-power. Likely still considerably slower than a q7 even with the TT 3.4. Toyo/Lexus is unlikely to offer anything like an “M” variant.
-Overall luxury, features, content. Won’t be close. Interior quality is likely to be similar to the 200, which is not impressive. Cheap plastics that scratch if you look at them.
-fuel range. Smaller tank on the 300 even than the 200, which was too small already.
-off road capability. It’s good out of the box for a 200/300, but not good enough for the price point or other listed compromises, just IMO.

Toyota has engineered the 200/300 for a VERY specific use-case. And IMO nothing competes in the category for which it was designed. *Durability on Unpaved roads, specifically while towing.* This happens to not be the typical use-case in the states and I think that’s why they are not sending them here any longer.

For typical use, and vs something like a Q7, it’s compromised.

Money is spent on the drivetrain rather than the interior, and in the USA, most customers of big luxurious SUVs want a solid interior rather than a solid drivetrain. That’s why a Range Rover sells so well, and the 200 series was a sales failure (in the USA)

Money is spent on the drivetrain rather than the interior, and in the USA, most customers of big luxurious SUVs want a solid interior rather than a solid drivetrain. That’s why a Range Rover sells so well, and the 200 series was a sales failure (in the USA)
That’s encouraging, if you’re a cruiser enthusiast anyway. Invest in what gets you home.

Money is spent on the drivetrain rather than the the 200 series was a sales failure (in the USA)
Odd statement considering TMNA limited the import numbers every year. Lack of supply does not confer lack of demand.

Last edited:
I just don’t understand why Lexus would take the V8 out of the new LX 600 while putting a V8 in the is500 performance sedan.

hopefully they will keep a V8 option next to the new TTV6 when the US version of the 300 drops.

I just don’t understand why Lexus would take the V8 out of the new LX 600 while putting a V8 in the is500 performance sedan.

hopefully they will keep a V8 option next to the new TTV6 when the US version of the 300 drops.

OR put the TTV6 in the 6th gen T4R with some GR Sport!?
1631293411411.png

Any truth to this ?

It makes perfect sense. Jeep's top of the line SUV (Grand Cherokee) costs over $100K and can be ordered with a 6.4L V8

It makes perfect sense. Jeep's top of the line SUV (Grand Cherokee) costs over $100K and can be ordered with a 6.4L V8
Or a 707 horsepower supercharged 6.2 liter V8.

You can also get a 470 horse 392 in a Wrangler Rubicon .

And it's still junk....

:lol:

:flipoff2:
Chrysler has come a very long way in quality. As you very well know I am on my second modern Challenger and BOTH vehicles have been of high quality and trouble free.

I'd buy a Ram TRX tomorrow if I had the means.

I'm not kidding.

Chrysler has come a very long way in quality. As you very well know I am on my second modern Challenger and BOTH vehicles have been of high quality and trouble free.

I'd buy a Ram TRX tomorrow if I had the means.

I'm not kidding.
They have indeed. I did just sell a JLUR (Wrangler Rubicon) after running over 65 trails, including some of the hardest trails out there (Rubicon Trail, Holy Cross in Colorado). It was reliable and capable and despite a lot of scrapes and cosmetic body damage, it sold in one hour at a premium. Multiple buyers were clamoring for it.

The 100/200 guys who ran the Rubicon with me would admit it walked 99% of the trail. The combination of capability, durability and tech on that rig are unmatched elsewhere except maybe the new Bronco (yet to be seen how it holds up to abuse.)

Sometimes I think the Toyota religion causes its adherents to rule out that other vehicles can be as good or even better in many regards.

They have indeed. I did just sell a JLUR (Wrangler Rubicon) after running over 65 trails, including some of the hardest trails out there (Rubicon Trail, Holy Cross in Colorado). It was reliable and capable and despite a lot of scrapes and cosmetic body damage, it sold in one hour at a premium. Multiple buyers were clamoring for it.

The 100/200 guys who ran the Rubicon with me would admit it walked 99% of the trail. The combination of capability, durability and tech on that rig are unmatched elsewhere except maybe the new Bronco (yet to be seen how it holds up to abuse.)

Sometimes I think the Toyota religion causes its adherents to rule out that other vehicles can be as good or even better in many regards.
The 100/200 was never designed to be capable on the “hardest/tightest/rockiest” trails. Ever. It’s an over landing/rough road truck. Not a crawler, as designed and engineered.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom