300 series rumors??? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m not crazy about that hatch back but just realized that the 200 series took a few years before it was offered with an ambulance door version. That VDJ200-GDMNZ is a pretty nice setup. V8 diesel, manual trans, vinyl floors, seats for 9. I wonder how utilitarian the base 300 series will be when it eventually shows up.

Not a fan of those wheels. Also not in a position to drop 100k on a new vehicle......

If those third-row seats are anything like the ones on the 4Runner (and they look very similar), that is one huge downgrade from the current version.

Wow regular SUV read door and thin 3rd row seating. Love my two piece rear door for sitting on, eating on, cleaning stuff, fixing stuff, loading rear easier.

Found this spy shot of an LX

B5F81CB0-DA7A-4D91-B821-17C42F7105F4.jpeg

Is there anyone in the world who likes (and doesn’t just put up with) the look of the Lexus predator grill?
People here in Angola will swap out their Prado and 200 series grills for aftermarket predator grills. It’s a super common mod. I think it’s popular in the UAE too.

They bought them for the reliability :)
Have you ever seen a design fan praise the predator?
The Toyota lines look much better IMO.

Oh I agree. I'm not in-the-know enough to understand the styling of the newer Lexus' (or BMWs for that matter).
I assume emissions which leads to cooling demands lead to larger openings? No idea.
The only car-maker (IMO) that has seemed to figure it out while looking great is Audi. Even with the large gapes almost all of their models look great.

Oh I agree. I'm not in-the-know enough to understand the styling of the newer Lexus' (or BMWs for that matter).
I assume emissions which leads to cooling demands lead to larger openings? No idea.
The only car-maker (IMO) that has seemed to figure it out while looking great is Audi. Even with the large gapes almost all of their models look great.

I think the ugly Lexus grill initially was designed to represent Toyota heritage, hence the "spindle" grill and it just snowballed from there out of control.

Modern engines require much less cooling than the engines of decades ago. Less friction equals more efficiency, and smaller grill openings mean better aerodynamics. The giant grills on cars and trucks today are entirely for looks, and much of the grill real estate doesn’t actually open to the radiator.

I have read in many cases the huge grills on luxury cars are driven by aesthetics popular in China. In any case, there is not an engineering need for huge grills in modern cars and trucks.

Is there anyone in the world who likes (and doesn’t just put up with) the look of the Lexus predator grill?
I love the '21 sport design LX570 avail in the USA today, but adore the 300 series GR Sport grill even more! Big fan of the RC F, LC 500 and hoping they release the LC F in the States soon. Def not a get off my lawn guy even as a current 80 series owner. I embrace the old and new. :)

IMG-0452.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

2020-lexus-lx-570-black.jpg

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Last edited:
The 30,000 people that bought them 🤷‍♂️
It's not great in my opinion but not awful.
What BMW did to the 2022 M3/4 is far worse.
I’ll take the X7 mi40 all day long over the LX570. I really tried to like the 570 but it fails in almost all categories against the X7, except for reliability but that’s what warranties are for.

4C623D18-F2BF-4814-BB73-8047846806A6.jpeg

Last edited:
How did the x7 mi40 fair in the categories of off-road capability and durability?
How many people off-road a new lx 570? These luxo wagons is what they truly are. Unless you chop the front bumper of the lx and dump the 22” wheels and rip off the plastic side steps, that lx is pretty useless off-road, that’s why they are more cross shoped with Merc, RR, Escalade, X7, etc. It’s easy to make reliable vehicles when you don’t update them for 10yrs. 😂 LX tech, road driving, fuel range is beyond dated. I am looking forward to the LX600. The X7 after 2020 has been getting great reliability thanks to the inline 6. Have you driven one? A guy on the bimmer forum picked his 2021 X7 mi50 with 22”s and drove from Spartanburg to Denali and then to his home in Anchorage without a single issue. I honestly can’t believe he took it on some nasty gravel road in AK but it survived without a scratch. Check out his blog on bimmerpost forum. These X7 are pretty impressive and not given the credit they deserve.

How many people off-road a new lx 570? These luxo wagons is what they truly are. Unless you chop the front bumper of the lx and dump the 22” wheels and rip off the plastic side steps, that lx is pretty useless off-road, that’s why they are more cross shoped with Merc, RR, Escalade, X7, etc. It’s easy to make reliable vehicles when you don’t update them for 10yrs. 😂 LX tech, road driving, fuel range is beyond dated. I am looking forward to the LX600. The X7 after 2020 has been getting great reliability thanks to the inline 6. Have you driven one? A guy on the bimmer forum picked his 2021 X7 mi50 with 22”s and drove from Spartanburg to Denali and then to his home in Anchorage without a single issue. I honestly can’t believe he took it on some nasty gravel road in AK but it survived without a scratch. Check out his blog on bimmerpost forum. These X7 are pretty impressive and not given the credit they deserve.
So the X7 is better as a pavement vehicle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom