3/23 is the March 2019 CLCC Tech Day (1 Viewer)

Which date would you like to see this tech day happen

• Please repost with Sunday options

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you want to work on? I'll come help with whatever.
I have a lift to install... which, ironically, is originally where the conversation started to do a tech day the last 2 months- but then y'all schedule the tech days for the only days in each month when I am not available... go figure I guess. My understanding is that this tech day was originally scheduled as a makeup day to help me with the lift because I missed the one that was scheduled originally for my lift but was scheduled for a day when I was out of town for some reason and now this one is scheduled during my wife's bday weekend...

Maybe I can take her to a day spa on my way to tech day and then pick her up in the new awesomeness of the lifted Prado with some flowers in the truck?

Edit: I understand tech days are not to be relied on for doing work that an owner is responsible for doing to their own truck. Tech day is in spirit solely an opportunity to enjoy working on our trucks together and learning stuff by watching and helping. With an emphasis on helping club members. So, in that spirit, I will focus on helping y'all on your projects and I'm not trying to rely on the club for installing my lift. Happy to join the tech days and help and learn regardless of if my lift gets installed as a side effect of a tech day.

Double edit: @davesax36 Thank you for the offer btw. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Assuming the 30th is a go, is having a tech day on two consecutive weekends (3/30 & electrical tech day on 4/6) going to be a problem for anyone?

I assume no, as folks with one 'bad' weekend are plenty likely to have the next one free - as for people out of town for 10 days straight, well, i guess not them :)

I have a lift to install... which, ironically, is originally where the conversation started to do a tech day the last 2 months- but then y'all schedule the tech days for the only days in each month when I am not available... go figure I guess. My understanding is that this tech day was originally scheduled as a makeup day to help me with the lift because I missed the one that was scheduled originally for my lift but was scheduled for a day when I was out of town for some reason and now this one is scheduled during my wife's bday weekend...

Maybe I can take her to a day spa on my way to tech day and then pick her up in the new awesomeness of the lifted Prado with some flowers in the truck?

Edit: I understand tech days are not to be relied on for doing work that an owner is responsible for doing to their own truck. Tech day is in spirit solely an opportunity to enjoy working on our trucks together and learning stuff by watching and helping. With an emphasis on helping club members. So, in that spirit, I will focus on helping y'all on your projects and I'm not trying to rely on the club for installing my lift. Happy to join the tech days and help and learn regardless of if my lift gets installed as a side effect of a tech day.

Double edit: @davesax36 Thank you for the offer btw. Much appreciated.

I feel your pain. The 23rd might work for a tech day as well, but I am not 100% that i have that Saturday free.
So, a going on the assumption that I am hosting... (anyone else offering?), the whole shebang relies on my availability.
There is still time to decide on whether it is the 23rd or 30th, so lets lock it down at tonight's meeting.

I feel your pain. The 23rd might work for a tech day as well, but I am not 100% that i have that Saturday free.
So, a going on the assumption that I am hosting... (anyone else offering?), the whole shebang relies on my availability.
There is still time to decide on whether it is the 23rd or 30th, so lets lock it down at tonight's meeting.
Great to see everyone at Kilroy's tonight. It looks like Tech Day will be Saturday the 23rd. Super stoked. I have lift instructions printed out that I will be bringing and I am posting the links below. I've studied the procedure and it should not be too hard. A couple of tricks are to use a wire coat hanger to pull the rear airbag suspension plugs and to have a 4mm allen key for the front electric damper shock wires. I have all the info I need to pull the fuses in order to decommission the air ride and electric damper shocks. In addition to the Dobinsons 2" lift kit and Metal Tech Rear Coil Conversion Kit, I have an insert to replace the air suspension control buttons in the center console with an overseas prado storage/cellphone holder.

Here are the instructions if anyone wanted to take a look before hand. I'll also be available to help out on other trucks later in the afternoon, assuming I don't f--- anything up this should take 3-4 hours:

Also- if anyone wants to do diff breather hose extensions let me know. I just did one on my GX470 and it is pretty easy and worth it- you can get a kit or just do a rear diff breather tube with stuff from Amazon. It cost me like $30 w/next day delivery for the fuel line and related valve and attachment. Easy to do and I think it is needed to protect the rear diff in any water crossings. The font diff and transmission has decently long breather tubes from the factory but the rear is directly on the rear diff and could easily malfunction in water deep enough to cover the rear diff.

See the "frequently bought together" section on Amazon for the parts ( I recommend 5/16" for a safer long-term fit over 1/4" fuel line though): Amazon.com: Genuine Toyota (90404-51319) Union: Automotive

Last edited:
Anyone have a reciprocating saw I can borrow at tech day? I will provide fresh blades.

Need to finish the pin side of the leaf spring mounts with new bushings and greasable pins.

Anyone have a reciprocating saw I can borrow at tech day? I will provide fresh blades.

Need to finish the pin side of the leaf spring mounts with new bushings and greasable pins.
I do, a nice Milwaukee...

PW'd already.

brain fart

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom