3,2,1, Lift Off...Sometimes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Make sure connectors are not distorted, you definitely want a good connection there!
Spade connectors are notorious for high resistance connection issues in ideal conditions, Pigs are notorious for high resistance ground connection issues. A crappy system ground will give a voltage drop across the board and the amperage will increase to do the same work, not surprised to see older spade connectors wetting the bed when over stressed.

x2 - @Coolerman

Probably one of those deals where you can de-pin the connector, use some contact cleaner on the connectors and reassemble, as long as the wires aren't burnt.

The engineer in me wonders what caused that lead to burn in the first place?
It's crossed my mind as well.

1597011084580.png

Ohm's law is your friend.

It's crossed my mind as well.
Brass loses it's temper at a lowish temperature, looking at that connector I would wager the female portion of the spade connector has lost its ability to grip the male portion and should be replaced.
Contact cleaner is not going to help here.

I would wager the female .... has lost its ability to grip the male portion and should be replaced.
I hate it when that happens

Got a new connector installed and she cranked right up. Next time (drum roll) nothing. Finally traced the issue to a bad starter solenoid. So I replaced the starter. I think that may have caused the short at the connector.
All's well that end's well.
Now on to the next PROJECTS!

Got a new connector installed and she cranked right up. Next time (drum roll) nothing. Finally traced the issue to a bad starter solenoid. So I replaced the starter. I think that may have caused the short at the connector.
All's well that end's well.
Now on to the next PROJECTS!

Ha ha, why fix it once, when you can fix it twice!

Exactly how my projects go...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom