2x4 Supports For Front Axle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all, I've seen pictures here of supports placed under the radius arms up front, for the purpose of making working in the engine bay easier on lifted trucks. I used search but can't find the pics.

If you have such a picture could you post it up here, or direct me to the relevant thread/post.

Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about jacking/pull the FR wheels/tires & laying the FR down on 2x4’s under the radius arms?

You could, but the brakes / dust shields are still there, so you’ll only gain the height of your tire sidewall & ~inch since the inner wheel wall & ~1/2” gap to the dust shield.

Gorilla makes a killer platform (adj height, outrigger arms) for ~$75 @ Home Depot.

(I got mine around Christmas - got 2 as I use them all the time - they were on a serious sale)

I'm talking about stacking 2x4s with the top piece parallel to the length of the truck, and then below that 2 or 3 2x4's in the opposite direction. I've seen it here in Mud, I just can't find it right now. I'll keep looking.

I'm talking about stacking 2x4s with the top piece parallel to the length of the truck, and then below that 2 or 3 2x4's in the opposite direction. I've seen it here in Mud, I just can't find it right now. I'll keep looking.
like a diving board?

I don't know why, but I'm afraid to do that.
I was game. Just some horses gnawing on some fence post. 🤔
2D6F7CB5-8D87-4A9B-9182-8C7689F6203B.png

Here’s what I did. Can go lower if you want. It easily clears the dust shields. Was the best thing when I did my head gasket. 1 set under each arm, very sturdy.

93825E78-CFC9-4620-8461-56C74CD617A6.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s what I did. Can go lower if you want. It easily clears the dust shields. Was the best thing when I did my head gasket. 1 set under each arm, very sturdy.

View attachment 2396496
Is that screwed together, or just stacked? I guess it probably doesn't matter a lot, but easier to reposition or whatever if it moves as one piece.

Is that screwed together, or just stacked? I guess it probably doesn't matter a lot, but easier to reposition or whatever if it moves as one piece.

Screwed together. That’s about as far as my woodwork skills go.

You could just cut the dust shields and set your rotors on the ground if it's concrete or asphalt.

IMG_20180602_140009029.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom