2nd Start Button: Momentary Switch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirt J

SILVER Star
Threads
Is this button a momentary switch (i.e. doesn't stay down when depressed)? Or is mine just full of crud?

No, it's a detented pushbutton. It stays down until you press it again. Your spring my be worn.

So I disassembled the switch to check out the spring...

It looks to me like the 2nd Start Button does not have a detent. Am I missing something, literally??

This is a spare, used switch I bought. The one in the truck acts the same...

I can tell you mine stays active when depressed. Great for neighborhoods with lots of stops or speed bumps. It keeps from constantly downshifting into 1st.

No detent in my 07. 2nd start stays active until the truck is turned off. Must push again when truck is restarted.

The PWR switch clicks down and is active regardless of restart until pushed again.

Yes, mine stays active after pressed even though the button does not stay down...

So this is normal operation?

No detent in my 07. 2nd start stays active until the truck is turned off. Must push again when truck is restarted.

The PWR switch clicks down and is active regardless of restart until pushed again.

Same on my 07 LC. Might be an early/late 100 series difference?

My '04 switch does NOT stay down for 2nd gear... I think because it's "temporary use" and will reset if truck is turned off and restarted.

Now the power ECT switch stays down always even when off and restarted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom