PWR button (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there any negative impact of driving with the PWR button on all the time? Especially impact on transmission life.

the button is basically there for show, i feel almost no difference with it on or off
Really??? The button makes a whole world of difference to me. The transmission shifts too quickly and there is no fun when PWR is off. I actually feel too much power with PWR on.

I have always been reluctant to use it because mechanic says it burns transmission.

I mean technically the transmission will work a little harder and your gas mileage is going to be slightly worse but in the long run I highly doubt it affects anything. Sometimes I run with it on, sometimes I forget its on for weeks at a time, sometimes i dont have it on. I wouldnt be concerned.

I just started running the pwr button for local trips. hwy i turn it off.

As mentioned above, don't feel any difference on hwy with it on/off. Probably because on the hwy there is minmal shifting (at least here in SoCal coastal where it's relatively flat).

The Power button changes the shift points further up the rpm band, that's all. I suppose if you normally accelerate with the skinny pedal all the way to the floor you may not notice any difference.

the button is basically there for show, i feel almost no difference with it on or off
Same. I’ve tried it a few times and noticed no perceivable difference. The switch definitely works as the induction the dash illuminates. 🤷‍♂️

I notice the later shifts, especially when pulling into a tight gap in moving traffic and have to get on the gas.
I have always been reluctant to use it because mechanic says it burns transmission.
If you're worried about this sort of thing, get a bluetooth OBDII scanner and something like the Torque app for your phone (both are reasonably priced). You can customize a gauge screen, including your trans temps. I mainly use it when towing to be sure I'm not overheating my trans, or for scanning error codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom