2F oil pump in an F? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 9/73' fj40 F oil pump went out. Can I put a later 2F pump in there without modifications? There was a good write up on oil pumps in the trails sometime back but I can't find it. Any advice? This failure caused my #6 rod bearing to fail so I also have to replace that. What would be a reputable replacement? TPI, MAF, coolcruisers? It looks like MAF has good prices. :-\

I remember seeing a post related to that too (here or birfield.com?), but I don't think it could be done without mods. The 2F pump has a regulator built in, so I think the external regulator on the F gets bypassed or disabled, and there might be someother passage drilled and/or plugged. The stock setup sends 1/2 the oil back through without filtering. I'm just assembling my F after new rings and bearings, and am contemplating the same thing. I don't like the idea of sparkly oil getting recirculated through the nice new bearings. I'll be watching this thread, too!

yeah...I think I will just go with a replacement stock F pump. :) That was a little over my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom