285/75 17 with Rock Warrior fitment?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am sure this subject has been hashed out before. Forgive me bringing it up again, as I haven't found a concise answer. I am not looking for any arguments as to tire brand or wheel brand. I am rather only interested in fitment issues.
I have a 2006 LC100 with OME 2.5” HD lift and I am interested in running 17” Rock Warrior wheels with 285/75 tires. I have read several folks talking about having use 1” spacers. Is this because because of issues with brake calipers or having to do with the ability to use with center caps? Will there be any rubbing issues using the 285/75 17’s with the 2.5 HD lifted chassis? I din’t want to mess with having to do any pinch weld alterations. I have gotten into some articulation situations where I have very slightly rubbed the interior wheel wells with the 275/70 18’s. Another question I have has to do with the additional stress placed on chassis using this setup. I am not going with this setup due to ground clearance, which would be negligible, but rather for the more aggressive looks. However, I don't want to go this very expensive route if it only brings up a whole host of other issues.
I appreciate any feedback from the collective brain trust afforded by this forum. Thanks

It's my understanding, that a spacer is required to fit on the 100 series front hub (or the wheel needs to be bored out)

If you're rubbing 275/70R18 (33.16" tall) under articulation, what would make you think that 285/75R17 (33.83" tall) wouldn't also rub under those same conditions?

It's my understanding, that a spacer is required to fit on the 100 series front hub (or the wheel needs to be bored out)

If you're rubbing 275/70R18 (33.16" tall) under articulation, what would make you think that 285/75R17 (33.83" tall) wouldn't also rub under those same conditions?
Thanks for the link to the Rock Warrior thread. This answers a lot of my questions. Don't know how I could not find this link through a search.

Thanks for the link to the Rock Warrior thread. This answers a lot of my questions. Don't know how I could not find this link through a search.

Maybe because it was somewhat hidden under the “Tire and Wheel Tech” forum

I am sure this subject has been hashed out before. Forgive me bringing it up again, as I haven't found a concise answer. I am not looking for any arguments as to tire brand or wheel brand. I am rather only interested in fitment issues.
I have a 2006 LC100 with OME 2.5” HD lift and I am interested in running 17” Rock Warrior wheels with 285/75 tires. I have read several folks talking about having use 1” spacers. Is this because because of issues with brake calipers or having to do with the ability to use with center caps? Will there be any rubbing issues using the 285/75 17’s with the 2.5 HD lifted chassis? I din’t want to mess with having to do any pinch weld alterations. I have gotten into some articulation situations where I have very slightly rubbed the interior wheel wells with the 275/70 18’s. Another question I have has to do with the additional stress placed on chassis using this setup. I am not going with this setup due to ground clearance, which would be negligible, but rather for the more aggressive looks. However, I don't want to go this very expensive route if it only brings up a whole host of other issues.
I appreciate any feedback from the collective brain trust afforded by this forum. Thanks

Did you ever end up running 285/75 on the RW wheel? What tire did you go with? Any other feedback?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom