17" wheels with 0mm offset + 285/70R17 - terrible idea? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m curious how 255/80R17s would fair on this setup, not sure I’ve seen that size on a 0 offset yet. That should reduce the amount of trimming required I imagine right?

You can get a visualization here (and yes, it would probably reduce the amount of trimming you may have to do) Wheel Offset Calculator - https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

Capture.JPG

FYI, if anyone else is thinking of this, apparently Nomad now offers their wheels in +25 offset. Would have been great if they came out with them like 3 months ago...

Oh well, such is life.

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 14.17.34.png

FYI, if anyone else is thinking of this, apparently Nomad now offers their wheels in +25 offset. Would have been great if they came out with them like 3 months ago...

Oh well, such is life.

View attachment 3546871
Yeah, those specs look good.

I always felt that 0 offset was excessive, almost 2.5" outboard from stock is a lot and sticks out a fair amount. You may not have issues with those small tires though. Do you even know if those wheels come in a 110 hub?
How about 0 offset with pizza cutter tires?

How about 0 offset with pizza cutter tires? Possibly 255s?
Pizza cutters, or tall skinnies would probably rub less and have few fitment problems, if, for no other reason than most are only about 33". They can be a good option, depending on the terrain you mostly drive on off road. For me, I prefer slightly more width and option to lower pressure and get the "bulge" from airing down, which not only gives better traction, but also offers some protection for the wheels from rocks etc, but if you're only looking for appearance and a slight amount of extra ground clearance then they are great.

Figured I would throw this in here since there is no dedicated thread on Nomad wheels on our cruisers. As the OP mentioned nomad recently released the convoys in 17x8.5 +25

I just got a set and put them on. This is how they look on my 100 (utility gray color)

IMG_6261.jpeg

Oh well, such is life.

View attachment 3546871
On sale. $221/ea.
IMG_9843.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom