Rock Warrior yay or nay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have an opportunity to buy a set of rock Warrior wheels (4) in good condition for $1000. Only reason for change OEM wheels is to get rid of spidertrax spacers. Because those are an added point of failure IMO.

So, have to find a fifth RW wheel. Then RW set need to be machined to fit without spacers as I found out in other threads. All 5, yes, 5 point rotation is a must for me. Then buy dome caps (2). Powder coat all. Am I nuts? Should I rock OEM wheels with spacers? What is your wise options?

Pic for attention 😉
IMG-20231001-WA0028.jpg

IMG_20231001_131642.jpg

Where did you see these other threads? Will you cut the center of the wheels out and run without caps?

I’m using the minimum 1/4” slip on spacer (still plenty of thread engagement) for an effective offset of +44 along with domed caps. I would consider machining the wheels if it didn’t cut the whole middle out but I don’t think there is enough meat there.

Where did you see these other threads? Will you cut the center of the wheels out and run without caps?

I’m using the minimum 1/4” slip on spacer (still plenty of thread engagement) for an effective offset of +44 along with domed caps. I would consider machining the wheels if it didn’t cut the whole middle out but I don’t think there is enough meat there.
You posted it here the same My Rock Warrior Wheel Project - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/my-rock-warrior-wheel-project.1210727/#post-13256823

Have an opportunity to buy a set of rock Warrior wheels (4) in good condition for $1000. Only reason for change OEM wheels is to get rid of spidertrax spacers. Because those are an added point of failure IMO...
I'm not following. Why do you have to use wheel spacers with OEM wheels?

Rock Warriors are a great idea if you want to run 17" wheels. However, I don't understand why you're running spacers with stock wheels unless it's just for looks. With factory 16" and 18" wheels the various 33" tire varieties will fit fine unless your trying to run a very wide tire.

I'm not following. Why do you have to use wheel spacers with OEM wheels?
Just the look. Nothing else.

You lost me dude.

There's nothing wrong with spacers if they are installed correctly.

Good luck with your endeavor.
I like to avoid spacers altogether for a peace of mind. I thought RWs compatible without spacers but it's not.

Well, 1/4 inch spacer compared 1.25 inch spacer is a totally different thing. 1/4 is a real spacer but 1.25 is an adapter actually.

I run spacers to put the tires just outside the fender. Besides looking good, they protect the fenders from trail rash.

If getting RW's is about having that big offset look (without spacers) you have right now you're going to be disappointed.

Look at the math. Your stock wheels have a +60 offset. 1.25" (32mm) spacers makes that into a +28 offset. Your tires are 10mm wider (5mm on each side of the wheel), so 32+5= 37mm, which means the outside edge of your current tires are about 1 1/2" out from stock.

RW's have a +50 offset. Minimum 1/4" spacer makes that into a +44, only 16mm more than stock. Add that same 285 width tire and you get 21mm which is less than 7/8" out from stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom