Wanted 25/Early 40 FST Type B Bows and Doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will keep working on getting mine bent up then. I will try to make several copies. As for h55f 40 top covers those are hard to find. I am saving mine for a few special projects.

3CDEC079-637F-42C9-9DBE-F55CC0AF5156.jpeg

C4FBFD23-93AC-422F-A9D6-1028B257A398.jpeg

312ED8F6-C64A-44A7-B18B-2FEF73BE3424.jpeg

@Living in the Past, any chance you would be willing to part with those? Either permanently or temporarily if I can find a shop willing to reproduce a set?
@Mike63FJ40 , I was the one who got these door surround channels reproduced here in New Zealand few years back, I got few more made for someone in Columbia last year and am sure I got an extra set left here with me. PM me if you are still looking for these.

Please see below -

Talk about workmanship, accuracy & quality, these puppies will even put Toyota engineering to shame. Two lucky owners in America will soon have their hands on these. This time I got them made little longer (800mm), should there be an unlikely event of "Trial & Error" during fitting.

View attachment 1510432 View attachment 1510433 View attachment 1510435 View attachment 1510436 View attachment 1510437

Last edited:
That was the problem for Jim @Cruiser_Nerd had. The shop that did the first batch wasn't interest in doing another. This was probably fifteen years ago. Since Covid it has made everything even harder. Have a friend in Australia with a project to make 40 series top covers for the H55F five speed transmission. It was on track to get done until the Covid shut down. Now finding a shop capable and willing to do the work has stalled the project. Businesses can pick and choose what they want to do. Small specialty projects seems to be a casualty of this.

There is a thread in the 25 section titled FJ25 and early FJ40 soft top project. Started in 2005. The actual group buy never happened. Been other failed attempts. Always been behind the eight ball for small projects, it's just gotten a lot worse since Covid.
Will pm you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom