Expression of interest - Early soft top doors, door stoppers and door surrounds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Archie, I am in and would like a set of door frame channels and doors with limiters and everything they come with. I will send you a pm now.

Haven't made repro yet, I have got originals in excellent condition and thats what will be used for pattern. If you like I can post pictures of originals.

Sure. I love threads with pictures! :)

On popular demand, here are the doors that we will use for pattern. Can someone please confirm what those 2 little holes are for on top corner of both doors? (Pic 3)

IMG_1585.JPG

IMG_1586.JPG

IMG_1587.JPG

Got the fresh quote done for doors & door souround pieces (Based on 5 pairs), it has a slight variance since last year but not much. Updated the details in post #9. Please refer there.

If I can get confirmation from all the interested folks by Wednesday (2nd September) then I can try pushing the manufacturer to deliver it in 4 weeks time (at least will get them to test fit one set on my 25). Ideally I would like to wrap up packaging / shipping etc. by 4th of September. From September 9th I will be based in Melbourne until Christmas for work.

Last edited:
Talk about workmanship, accuracy & quality, these puppies will even put Toyota engineering to shame. Two lucky owners in America will soon have their hands on these. This time I got them made little longer (800mm), should there be an unlikely event of "Trial & Error" during fitting.

IMG_1649.JPG
IMG_1650.JPG
IMG_1651.JPG
IMG_1652.JPG
IMG_1653.JPG

They look great! Can't wait to get my set. Thanks for all the work you put into making it happen.

I will gladly accept all the apperception on behalf of Henry @west aussie , who kindly shipped the pattern at his cost last year. In fact won't mind a bit if you guys thank him directly. It wasn't going to happen without his willingness to help the cause.

Last edited:
Ok I see, even if I buy doors later I would need these along with a bow set. I guess these are a gotta have aitem regardless. Nice work. Don't mind me if I give you a gentle nudge every now and then. Hahaha. I'm making early bumpers also, FYI. Mike

Alright folks, I suppose this thread is now in its last leg. ST doors project is on hold until I decide on whether to move to OZ or continue in NZ.

Door surrounds & brackets are done and will be shipped to USA by mid December. It is very unlikely I will be making them again in near future. So a courteous bump just in case anyone wants it then please let me know before 20th of this month. After that this thread will be done and dusted for a while for sure.

I have got an extra set available from my last order @ $380 USD. Any new order will have some increase in cost, I will have to check with engineering shop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom