$2300 Quote from Maaco....what do you guys think? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I understand, point is it might be interesting to know the details for the future.
Without details it would be difficult to compare different paint jobs, prices,
quality, etc,etc.
FWIW

For future reference they did indeed remove the rack and door handles.

They well exceeded my expectations, she looks great!

Got her buttoned up a little, having a problem with the rear kut snake flares I think they need some heat the fitment is not good. Now she goes to the welder for the sliders and rear bumper. Then back to me for the roof rack, new interior, misc crap and she’s all done

13D244AC-EF68-4C84-B22B-5E8381830517.jpeg

B912B26A-13B1-4361-9F5A-587C949462D8.jpeg

7376CC68-C630-4C7B-A047-517DF6D93D03.jpeg

Got her buttoned up a little, having a problem with the rear kut snake flares I think they need some heat the fitment is not good. Now she goes to the welder for the sliders and rear bumper. Then back to me for the roof rack, new interior, misc crap and she’s all done

Looks like it's time to up your wheel game.

I was never a wheel guy, I always liked stock on everything don't know why. Might plastidip them black but not even sure about that, we'll see how she looks when she's done....
Stock Toyota wheels are the best option for sure, but there are other styles available (from other Toyota trucks). Or, maybe yours can be cleaned up, I just noticed that they were looking ratty compared with the rest of the truck now. Basically just giving you crap. :flipoff2:

Stock Toyota wheels are the best option for sure, but there are other styles available (from other Toyota trucks). Or, maybe yours can be cleaned up, I just noticed that they were looking ratty compared with the rest of the truck now. Basically just giving you crap. :flipoff2:

Oh she’s definitely dirty right now, can’t get her cleaned up for a couple weeks for the new paint and no point in cleaning up the wheels right now

Oh she’s definitely dirty right now, can’t get her cleaned up for a couple weeks for the new paint and no point in cleaning up the wheels right now
OK.

Now you need to post the name, address, phone number, and exact person you negotiated with on this paint job.

Define exactly what you did to keep costs down, then ask the owner for another discount because he's going to get a line of Land Cruisers in front of his door...........

OK.

Now you need to post the name, address, phone number, and exact person you negotiated with on this paint job.

Define exactly what you did to keep costs down, then ask the owner for another discount because he's going to get a line of Land Cruisers in front of his door...........
I’m about to convoy three 80s over there now 🤔

OK.

I’m about to convoy three 80s over there now 🤔

Just to insert a bit of reality here, you guys (especially you Joey, Mister Anality) should consider all the factors before falling in love with Maaco.

FWIW I was a paint tech in a prior life, in fact a DuPont Certified Refinish Technician, so (decades ago) I knew a bit about automotive finishes. The short and sweet is that Maaco techs can put out some of the nicest looking paint jobs in the business. Earl Scheib (company closed in 2010 after 70+ years in business) painters also could lay on a nice looking coat of paint. Why? Practice, practice, practice due to the volume of work they do, and materials which were formulated specifically to lay nicely and look great initially, at the expense of durability. If you want to sell a vehicle and don't care what it looks like years from now, discount paint shops are a good choice. If you plan to keep it and hope it will look good down the road, look elsewhere. And don't fall for the 'additives' they offer for a bit more money- the paint is what it is, and will only gain marginal improvements from the additives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom