2024+ GX vs 2022+ LX -- Frame + suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I posted these in the other threads but figure they are worthy of a separate thread for now, maybe someone with a good eye can tell us what difference they notice.

2024+ LEXUS GX
GXP5017.jpg

LX 600

20211014_01_55.jpg

Anyone know the deal with the new suspension? It looks like KDSS as we know it is gone. I know the LX600 only gets a rear sway bar on some trims (F Sport?) but not sure if they have some other fancy system to replace the function of KDSS or just different shocks/springs/geometry make it obsolete.

Anyone know the deal with the new suspension? It looks like KDSS as we know it is gone. I know the LX600 only gets a rear sway bar on some trims (F Sport?) but not sure if they have some other fancy system to replace the function of KDSS or just different shocks/springs/geometry make it obsolete.
The GR sport LC300 has E-KDSS and now so does the OVERTRAIL? GX.

LX has AHC and some versions don't but no LX has E-KDSS.

JS polling is slow for some reason on the site and I accidently post the same message twice. Apologies for the spam. I don't see a delete button when you edit.

Anyone can guess what the GX price will be?

It's not.
I am leaning towards that it is an LC300 GX trim in disguise with all the shots shared above of the chasis and the body dimensions/wheelbase below.

1686513319024.png

Sources:

I am leaning towards that it is an LC300 GX trim in disguise with all the shots shared above of the chasis and the body dimensions/wheelbase below.

View attachment 3346555
Sources:

This adds the 460 dims.

The entire point of the TNGA system is for complete modularity in the design and manufacturing processes for all Toyota vehicles.

The fact that the GA-F platform underpins every BOF vehicle supports the eventual move to fully AI/roboticized design and manufacture.

The system will then merely need inputs (design parameters) for fully-customizable outputs (widgets/vehicles). Toyota has no choice but to do this if they intend to remain relevant and profitable.

The wild card is the 7x series: it’s still pretty much a hand-made vehicle in critical manufacturing processes: body weld and frame weld. If they can pull the human out of the loop for the 7x series, the GA-F will then become ubiquitous across all BOF vehicles.

But still, no BOF released by Toyota has a SFA. The 7x is the last SFA vehicle that Toyota has and will be, most likely, the last one that combines the designs and manufacturing processes already developed for the TNGA.

Reminder: the LC is merely conceptually designed with design parameters and budgetary goals writ large by Toyota and “commanded” by a Toyota CE; the LC really is an outsourced product with all final engineering design of components, parts, manufacturing, and assembly by Toyota Auto Body (Toyota itself hasn’t fully designed and built a Land Cruiser since the 1970’s).

The entire theory of “black box” OEM outsourcing to trusted suppliers is what the LC is based.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom