2020 Heritage Edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That will never happen. The 70 Series can’t pass US safety regulations and the diesel can’t pass US emissions.

No, I don’t want a 70 series and I suspect that while many of us are attracted to the forbidden fruit, I suspect most would not like to actually drive one on a daily basis. The solid front axle and leaf springs make it ride like poo, it doesn’t have much articulation in the back, and the diesel V8 is gutless with the factory tune.
Pretty much.
As a 75 owner, it's not in the same ballpark as the 200 (in stock form).
Go to your local Kubota dealer if you want an idea of how a stock 70 feels.
I actually plan on buying the aforementioned Kubota, Try commuting in a 1959 LR series I. To Rocky Flats and home daily, 43 miles RT. Loved every minute of it. I can't say the same for the folks behind me on HWY 93 though,lol

FYI: if anyone is interested in one, let me know, I can order end of June. 1st day of production is Aug 1st. Looking at Sept-October probably best case scenario for arrival. I’m guessing I can get more than a few because of the allocation methodology based on my sell rate. First one is sold, anything after that is up for grabs. I typically sell at invoice (78k) but these will likely be $2k more MSRP or so, and I’ll collect a few more thousand in margin for limited availability. Invoice +$2k should be about $82k. Msrp should be $90k. PM if interested or call/text 317-385-9572
Eric, I just texted you. Interested. John

Just spotted one in the wild...

61C2F286-193C-4D5F-BB17-4FC84E20C407.jpeg

The amount of rake on them is at an 11. I would have to do something about it.

The amount of rake on them is at an 11. I would have to do something about it.

That rake isn’t a bad thing.
Load it with people or gear and it’s just right.
Plus...IFS suffers if you crank the front too high.
The standard axle in back is fine, but crank the front and you soon give away available down-travel from neutral ride height in front with CVs & lower control arms.

EZ Fix with Toyota's 1" kit, that's what I did to my '16

I was under the impression that the 13+ models already had the spacer from factory. So none of the LC200s have them from factory?

If one wants a quick 1" lift, the spacer is the way to go then.

I was under the impression that the 13+ models already had the spacer from factory. So none of the LC200s have them from factory?

My 13 didn't, and I'm pretty sure people with later builds had to add it to theirs too.

The odd thing is when I search which vehicles came with that part number, it lists all years of US 200-series Landcruiser. Though the parts lookup system I'm using isn't official toyota, so that could be an error.

But yes that's an easy ~.75-1" front lift that is designed to work with the stock spring/strut/bump stop/travel. You will need an alignment after install. Somewhere on this board are detailed side-by-side pictures of otherwise identical cruisers with and without that part.

My 13 has third row removed, though I do have sliders. It looked much like a HE in terms of rake.. the OE spacer helped a lot, but now when loaded for a trip it is perfectly level.

Since it is Toyota part, can you get Toyota dealer to install it?

That would be a question for a toyota service advisor but I don't see why not.

That’s a good question. I will check mine when i get home.

BUT, this may explain THIS: Newbie Q: why are the angles different b/w LC200s?

At some point in 2017 i think, the angles on the LC changed. 2016 LC (year of facelift) had the same angles as prior years, per Toyota doc. But in 2017+, angles changed.

The only problem with this is that the departure angle changed too...which does not make sense if you’re only lifting the front.

My STOCK LC seems pretty level empty:

1F89B8ED-EBEE-4CB0-8A00-8534ACEBA6F0.jpeg

854525C3-97FA-4827-9BA6-2C1B48CA3A78.jpeg

Yes. Most dealers don't know what the part is, so you'll have to provide them with the part number. But it is readily available and they can install it.

I had mine installed by Good Year for a fraction of what the dealer wanted. I have lifetime alignment with them so no extra charge there. I also brought them the KDSS instructions so they could properly install the spacers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom