2020 Heritage Edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd be yanking the 3rd row of seats out for sure (though it leaves me wondering if the HE lacking third seats would still be able to handle things like ARB drawers...would it be missing some critical mounting points?)

About those gorgeous HE rims..are they comparable in overlanding practicality to the other offerings in the aftermarket? I see plenty of builds with rims 'upgraded'. Is that purely cosmetic, or does it make the vehicle more robust?

The HE bronze wheels are BBS forged. Anything BBS forged is a pretty penny on any vehicle. Aftermarket BBS wheels you're talking about $800-2500 per corner x 4.

95% of the aftermarket wheels out there are cast. Forged is the next step up. BBS is one of the best wheel manufacturers out there...in the halo territory of wheels. Industry standard for decades now for racing, oem, and aftermarket wheels. Of course since Land Cruiser is halo flagship Japanese product, Toyota chose BBS to be the OEM maker for the wheel (German company that makes their forged line in JP)

Last edited:
I'd be yanking the 3rd row of seats out for sure (though it leaves me wondering if the HE lacking third seats would still be able to handle things like ARB drawers...would it be missing some critical mounting points?)

About those gorgeous HE rims..are they comparable in overlanding practicality to the other offerings in the aftermarket? I see plenty of builds with rims 'upgraded'. Is that purely cosmetic, or does it make the vehicle more robust?

HE rims are lighter weight (5 lbs i think / rim) and forged.

I was wondering the same thing. Does the HE still have the seat anchor holes in the floor? How would you mount a drawer system, etc? On the 80 series poverty pack, the body pnels were different than the deluxe model with third row seats. So no seat anchor points, seatbelt anchor points, etc. Not sure about the 200 series HE as that seems to be a special edition modification.

Hey guys, there was a lot of talk a while back about the cons of the Heritage Edition having an MSRP more than the regular model, but with less content.

Looking at the market these days, either of them can be found in the low $78k range without any negotiation. Does the Heritage offer a more compelling package when it no long carries a price premium?

I do like the rims, and the fancy logos...still a big step up over buying used though:(

Not for me. I really like the cool box up front and the Heritage doesn’t have it.

The BBS wheels are nice, but I wouldn’t give up the cool box for them. YMMV.

As great as the wheels look I’m leaning toward a light 17 being a better wheel for off road use. More tire choices, taller sidewall in a given overall diameter, and ultimately the setup would be lighter with a similar technology 17.

Plus I’d hate to beat up those nice bbs wheels..

Otherwise I love the black headlights, true third row delete without holes in the carpet or interior paneling, molding delete, reduced chrome, special badging, and ~four times larger console storage.

Even without the wheels for me at the same cost I’d be going HE for sure.

As great as the wheels look I’m leaning toward a light 17 being a better wheel for off road use. More tire choices, taller sidewall in a given overall diameter, and ultimately the setup would be lighter with a similar technology 17.

Otherwise I love the black headlights, true third row delete without holes in the carpet or interior paneling, molding delete, reduced chrome, special badging, and ~four times larger console storage.

Can i have your HE rims when you do buy? Heck, i will give you my running boards as fair trade.... :D

17" Rock Warriors and C rated 285/70R17 KO2s weigh within a couple of ounces of the 18" base (USA) model wheels and tires. The RWs w/KO2s result in a little rougher ride and a bit more noise, but no MPG hit. Yeah the KO2 have more tread weight, but the RWs have less metal and that metal is in closer to the hub. Never measured, but based on seat of the pants acceleration/braking I'd guess not much changed in rotational inertia between the two combos. This is from personal experience with both type tires/wheels on our old '17 model LC.

And per the part numbers posted by Eric Sargent, the HE also has the springs used in countries that have the optional extended range fuel tank installed. Presumably that's why it sits a little higher - not due to just the lack of rear seats. I base that on my '17 having the rear seats out on day 2 of ownership, only to go back in the day before we traded it in.

We never found a use for the cool box. Thought we would use it on a 10K road trip we took in our old '17 LC, but since the glove compartment is so tiny too, it turns out we filled the cool box with paper maps, park brochures, etc. To make the cool box of more use we bought one of those upper trays for the console off Amazon (for change, small flashlight, etc.), then added a cabinet knob to help get it in and out. The extra room, and the factory supplied console tray (larger too & with handle), in the HE is most welcome (for the way that we use the truck).

Last edited:
Can i have your HE rims when you do buy? Heck, i will give you my running boards as fair trade.... :D
Hah.. I’d sell them and find some RWs and end up cheaper than a base model.

17" Rock Warriors and C rated 285/70R17 KO2s weigh within a couple of ounces of the 18" base (USA) model wheels and tires. The RWs w/KO2s result in a little rougher ride and a bit more noise, but no MPG hit. Yeah the KO2 have more tread weight, but the RWs have less metal and that metal is in closer to the hub. Never measured, but based on seat of the pants acceleration/braking I'd guess not much changed in rotational inertia between the two combos. This is from personal experience with both type tires/wheels on our old '17 model LC.

And per the part numbers posted by Eric Sargent, the HE also has the springs used in countries that have the optional extended range fuel tank installed. Presumably that's why it sits a little higher - not due to just the lack of rear seats. I base that on my '17 having the rear seats out on day 2 of ownership, only to go back in the day before we traded it in.

We never found a use for the cool box. Thought we would use it on a 10K road trip we took in our old '17 LC, but since the glove compartment is so tiny too, it turns out we filled the cool box with paper maps, park brochures, etc. To make the cool box of more use we bought one of those upper trays for the console off Amazon (for change, small flashlight, etc.), then added a cabinet knob to help get it in and out. The extra room, and the factory supplied console tray (larger too & with handle), in the HE is most welcome.

Or, with P285/70r17 toyo open country AT2s are lighter than stock, and don’t need the additional tire pressure of a c-rated LT. and so far has enough tread for the things I do without the harsh ride. But you are correct.. in terms of performance it is hard to beat a rock warrior. IMO the BBS wheels look a lot better but these days I’m more interested in performance out of something that makes as big a difference as wheel/tire setup.

Also agree on the rest of the stuff..

And per the part numbers posted by Eric Sargent, the HE also has the springs used in countries that have the optional extended range fuel tank installed. Presumably that's why it sits a little higher - not due to just the lack of rear seats.
I somehow missed this post. Any chance you could point us back to that info on the HE springs?

Last edited:
I somehow missed this post. Any chance you could point us back to that info the HE springs?

I second that. Because according to Toyota (which is not always reliable), the rear departure angle is same for HE and non-HE.

I somehow missed this post. Any chance you could point us back to that info on the HE springs?

It's from a coil over discussion: See here (post 14) where he references the differing rear spring part numbers. Then I looked up the part number and found them to match with the overseas models that had the optional fuel tank.

@Madtiger - agree not always reliable. Toyota says they are the same height too, obviously not true as I have had them back to back. If the heights are different, then the approach/departure angles aren't the same.

But you know, I never really compared front height. It might be the same, I was only worried about getting into the garage. Had to say goodbye to the dumb basket they add-on. I only have 79-1/2" inches for the garage opening.

Last edited:
It's from a coil over discussion: See here (post 14) where he references the differing rear spring part numbers. Then I looked up the part number and found them to match with the overseas models that had the optional fuel tank.

@Madtiger - agree not always reliable. Toyota says they are the same height too, obviously not true as I have had them back to back. If the heights are different, then the approach/departure angles aren't the same.

But you know, I never really compared front height. It might be the same, I was only worried about getting into the garage. Had to say goodbye to the dumb basket they add-on. I only have 79-1/2" inches for the garage opening.
Thanks, LBridges

It’s not coming for 2020. The LC headunit is very old. It would take an all new headunit to support CarPlay and there is no way Toyota would spend that money for such a tiny run of LandCruisers just a year or two before it is replaced.

Most of the models that have received CarPlay have either been completely redesigned or refreshed. In contrast, the 2020 LC is basically unchanged.

They put Carplay in the LX. Was that a new headunit?

It's a bummer because having a 200 with Carplay would make it the ultimate futreproof LC, perhaps even better in some ways than whatever the new 300 ends up being.

They put Carplay in the LX. Was that a new headunit?

It's a bummer because having a 200 with Carplay would make it the ultimate futreproof LC, perhaps even better in some ways than whatever the new 300 ends up being.

LX does NOT have CarPlay.

Oh wow! Thought I looked it up but I was wrong.

I can't see how they could go another year without it

An upgrade must be imminent

With next year being the rumored last year of LC200, i doubt that Toyota is willing to spend another penny on LC200 platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom