2014 FJ45LV weather strip info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have found more of the weather strip for the wagons. When I had the rear glass and windshield replaced, they used the aftermarket 40 stuff from SOR. Turns out that stuff kinda sucks. I had the windshield and rear hatch redone by a better glass shop and they used weatherstrip that they stock. In comparison, sorry no pix, the new stuff was stiffer and larger. After installation, it had no wrinkles in the corners either. For the rear hatch they did the same and used there stuff, it was alittle smaller but more rigid. Same results, no wrinkles in the corners. Both front and rear look great now. Props to Bell Glass in Phoenix.

They were also able to supply me with the channel weather strip for the doors. It was way cheaper then anything I found online and I was test fit it before I paid. The outer wipers I got for JC Whitney like stated earlier in this thread. I ended up re felting the stock inner pieces. I'll post up more info on this later.

In short, find a good local glass shop and hopefully they will work with ya.

Probably not. They are a cash or check only type of business. I will measure the pieces and try and cross reference it to something in the JC Whitney catalog.
I apologize for not having better sollutions for the LV weather strip, but I can only report what I have found and used myself.

It is pretty nice having windows that actually roll up and down though. Combine that with my new door panels and driving the wagon is alot nicer.

The glass shop is open M-F 8-430. I work M-F 8-5. It is difficult for me to get to the place.

I will measure the stuff I got and cross reference to some JC Whitney stuff. That way anybody can order it.

Bear with me, as my home pc crashed, I have limited access to things for a bit.

I kind of got the vibe that the place I bought the ws from, doesn't usually sell stuff outright. They usually just stock it for installs they do. I might be able to get more when I get a week day off.
Now that I know what size works, I can compare it to other stuff available online.

This is Space Age Auto Paint Store, located in Mesa Arizona at 707 S Country Club Dr.

We do, as you said, carry the TS2 Metro TS circle on side moulding as well as the TS3 moulding.

As far as shipping product, ABSOLUTELY!! You can call in or order through email and we will ship it anywhere in the US.

Thank you for the support!

Here are some pictures of the two we carry (sorry for the large sizes).
Both are $4.25/foot. We only sell it by the foot so there is no limit to how much or how little you need.
The shipping will be an added cost. Price of the shipping all depends on location.

TS325.jpg
TS225.jpg

Glad to see you guys on the board. The door weather strip I bought is holding up great and keeps my doors from rattling. Always love going to your store and seeing the cool old bikes and motors.

I have slacked off about measuring some of the other pieces I have found and have not posted any updates to this thread. I apologize. I will get all my info and make an update soon. Plus I still need a few things that maybe we can figure out.

I have filled in some more of the latest information below:

Outer wiper :

http://www.jcwhitney.com/fairchild-.../p3039069.jcwx?skuId=225817&&mc=1&filterid=u0

I ordered 2 four foot sections

Door opening:

I found mine locally and am really pleased how well in fits. They referred to it as "TS2 Metro TS circle on side moulding." Here is their info:

http://www.spaceagepaint.com/

I bought 50 Foot for $180 and used all but maybe 2-3 foot.

Inner window wiper or felt:

I just re felted the pieces I had. There's probably plenty of universal stuff that will work.

Window channel:

I bought mine from a local glass shop. It universal stuff. The fit is not perfect but it has been working well with no rattles or weird window issues.
It measures 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch with a channel opening of 1/4 to 3/16th's
It came in 8 foot pieces. You will need 4 pieces or 1 per door.

Tail gate:

Can somebody post a picture of what they used? I am clueless on this.

All in all, I found in many older LV restoration threads, the people did as I did and found a local shop and made something work. I looked at JC Whitney to try and compare and maybe find something similar, but without actually trying it out myself, it would be a gamble on if it would actually work.

Last edited:
Went back to Space Age Paints today and picked up some weather strip for the tailgate opening. It's a bulk product by the foot, part # 4744. It was $1.52 a foot. I bought 18 feet and had a few feet left over. Glued it in place with 3M 8008 adhesive.
IMG_6776.JPG
IMG_6775.JPG
IMG_6774.JPG

Last edited:
At SEMA I ran into a company willing to make a complete rubber set for an FJ45 or FJ40, I just ordered 2 FJ45 sets and an FJ40 set. I will let you know how they fit but I have seen them and they look perfect. They do seem a bit expensive at about $675 but they include everything that is rubber and I mean everything from the hood bumpers to the windshield to the roof cap gasket. About 50 pieces and it makes sense in a restoration.

That's great to hear, but the LV rubber is different from the other 45's and 40's. Maybe they could help out the LV market though. It's always good to have multiple sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom