Builds 2013 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Chinook build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Obligatory any updates bump?
Thanks for checking in D21! I don't really have any updates...I have been driving it locally but want to put some miles on it after the world finds a sense of normalcy... it is essentially done with the exception of a bit of buttoning up and interior finishing.
I put so much effort into this project that I needed to walk away for a bit. In the mean time I did a colossal boat restoration project and rebuild 2 basket case houses!...one of which I put a big steel shop building behind. Finishing the Tacoma Chinook will be the first order of business in the new shop!
Life is good.

All that work,....im guessing you're retired?
Love the build. May have a chance to pick up an old T100 with a chinook camper on it, if that happen's I think your thread will be re- read a lot.
Keep it up !

All that work,....im guessing you're retired?
Love the build. May have a chance to pick up an old T100 with a chinook camper on it, if that happen's I think your thread will be re- read a lot.
Keep it up !
Good luck with that! I wonder if that is the Famous Tunook that Oleg built? If so it was the inspiration for mine!

Good luck with that! I wonder if that is the Famous Tunook that Oleg built? If so it was the inspiration for mine!

No no, the Tunook is not for sale and it is built on an 01 Tundra. He must be looking at another rig. I am preparing to give the suspension an overhall in the next month.

I hope @D21FJ60 starts a build thread he aquires the t100 rig.

No no, the Tunook is not for sale and it is built on an 01 Tundra. He must be looking at another rig. I am preparing to give the suspension an overhall in the next month.

I hope @D21FJ60 starts a build thread he aquires the t100 rig.
Correct, not the Tunook. I remember looking at that build years ago and being in absolute awe.
No this one i'm looking at is a t100 with a chinook camper squashed on the back and gutted. Been sitting for about 2 years so it's certainly a project but good bones- t100 frame is clean, 3.0 was allegedly rebuilt just before it was parked. If I can work the deal ill be starting a thread. It will be a slow project though should it come to fruition...

Thanks for checking in D21! I don't really have any updates...I have been driving it locally but want to put some miles on it after the world finds a sense of normalcy... it is essentially done with the exception of a bit of buttoning up and interior finishing.
I put so much effort into this project that I needed to walk away for a bit. In the mean time I did a colossal boat restoration project and rebuild 2 basket case houses!...one of which I put a big steel shop building behind. Finishing the Tacoma Chinook will be the first order of business in the new shop!
Life is good.
So it's been 3 months, have you gotten that shop done and the taconook in for completion?

The shop is up... the taconook Is there waiting for me to shift my priorities back to her...the new shop is going to be a thing of beauty. I ran 150 amp electric out there and a bathroom although without walls yet... ready to insulate and run my electric for lights, outlets and fans.... I have rebuilt a boat, put up the shop and remodeled 2 old houses since I stalled on the taconook project....I believe that I get more done everyday than the next 2 guys put together! 🙃... I am gearing up for the finish as the world opens back up for travel! Thanks for checking in!

B26F6B9F-3A6A-4937-A23B-32463D067AE2.jpeg

554AC21F-6917-483C-A488-FA1F56FA29EC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom