Events/Trails 200's, 100's and 80's through the Rubicon! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice Ken. Doing the Rubicon in 2008 with my then 20 year old daughter is still one of our highlights. Looks like you had an awesome time. After we did the sluice and right before the Maze of rocks that take you to the Rubicon bridge there are some rocks and trees that are very narrow to the roof line making it tight on an 80. We had to push against a few 80's roofs to get them around them. Is that still tight there? That would be the only spot I can recall were the extra width of the 200 would have been an issue, at least in 2008

Nice Ken. Doing the Rubicon in 2008 with my then 20 year old daughter is still one of our highlights. Looks like you had an awesome time. After we did the sluice and right before the Maze of rocks that take you to the Rubicon bridge there are some rocks and trees that are very narrow to the roof line making it tight on an 80. We had to push against a few 80's roofs to get them around them. Is that still tight there? That would be the only spot I can recall were the extra width of the 200 would have been an issue, at least in 2008
Big Sluice, Sawtooth and the Boulder field were non-issues. The only place I took body damage was the tree/rock squeeze on Cadillac Hill

Big Sluice, Sawtooth and the Boulder field were non-issues. The only place I took body damage was the tree/rock squeeze on Cadillac Hill

Me too, rear qtr panel
DSC01578.JPG

We had an absolute blast and to do it with my daughters was def a dream of mine and is a huge highlight in my 30 years of offroading! This is now my new fav trail of all time, it's just a badass trail that keeps punching you in the face and I loved every minute of it! Only damage I took was scraping a couple rocks on my front quarter panel, most of it coming out of Saber, tiger, saw tooth obsticle, I took it a little too wide!:) Hope all is well buddy!

How busy was the Rubicon? I'd love to get total fuel consumption estimates start to finish for 80, 100, and 200.

How busy was the Rubicon? I'd love to get total fuel consumption estimates start to finish for 80, 100, and 200.
We pretty much had the trail to ourselves. There were a few small groups (3/4 rigs) old broncos, and jeeps that we let pass through. Fuel consumption was a s*** show. We filled up in Tahoe - the ice house gas station was closed near the trail head so I went in with 3/4 tank. The gas light popped on 4 hours before we got out of the gatekeeper on the Tahoe side. We had a few Jerry cans and shared 10 gallons between 5 rigs at the end and was able to make it to the gas station. If you go, bring gas!

I filled up My 80 at South Tahoe at Raleys and put one Jerry can in at buck island. At exit I had 3/8 left in the tank.

I filled up the tank in my 100 in South Lake Tahoe and had about 10 gallons in jerry cans on the back. I left my truck idling proly more than normal but had my 3 year old daughter Z with me and it was hot outside so I'm sure that cost me a couple gallons. We split up the 10 gallons I had in jerry cans evenly amonst the 6 rigs we had left at the top of Cadillac hill. I hit the gas station just north of the trail exit and put in almost 24 gallons of fuel, yeah I was a little low:)
i-pfkfXPx-X3.jpg
i-xD6QbwF-X2.jpg

I filled up the tank in my 100 in South Lake Tahoe and had about 10 gallons in jerry cans on the back. I left my truck idling proly more than normal but had my 3 year old daughter Z with me and it was hot outside so I'm sure that cost me a couple gallons. We split up the 10 gallons I had in jerry cans evenly amonst the 6 rigs we had left at the top of Cadillac hill. I hit the gas station just north of the trail exit and put in almost 24 gallons of fuel, yeah I was a little low:)
View attachment 2391239View attachment 2391240
That’s the face of a happy trail companion 👍

Seeing your kids enjoy some of the things you also enjoy is one of the best feelings in the world. Good on you for getting the family involved.
thanks for the kind words, these are truly the best days of my lives when I'm on the trail with my family and Friends! Seeing my daughters enjoy this as much or more than myself is hard to explain in words, I JUST LOVE IT!!!

The Cavalry aka Brian showed up just in time to save the day as Jersey's 80 series had a busted front knuckle and was blocking the day. Brian had a spare front knuckle with him that Nick threw on in about an hour and we were back on the road! Thanks again!
i-zcfKZXv-X2.jpg

Last edited:
The Cavalry aka Brian showed up just in time to save the day as Jersey's 80 series had a busted front knuckle and was blocking the day. Brian had a spare front knuckle with him that Nick through on in about an hour and we were back on the road! Thanks again!
View attachment 2391629

Old Sully to the rescue....

@gifu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom