For Sale 2007 LX470 - 78k Miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys-

I am thinking of selling my 2007 LX470 to get a smaller vehicle. I have owned the truck for almost three years and had absolutely no issues. I am having a hard time figuring out a fair price, since so few of the trucks sold have comparable low mileage. What is a fair price with these details?:

- 2007 LX470 - Dark gray with gray interior
- 78k Miles
- I had the timing belt changed preemptively when I purchased the truck in 2015
- Brake pads have been replaced all around within the last year
- No mods with the exception of VAIS iPhone integration module.
- The truck is in excellent condition and sits in a heated garage during the day and at night.
- Truck is located in Nebraska

Fair price?

ditto on high 20's, possibly into low 30's if you wait for someone who is looking precisely for that color/value of sub-80k miles. It can be a narrow market in that range. Assuming no rust and consistent maintenance records. Post up some pics, so we can check her out.

there is a 1998 with 70k for sale for $35k while that is outrageous, i think that an 07 at $35 would be reasonable - qould require seller to be patient as this would take the right buyer

I will post pictures when I get a chance. The color is Galactic Gray with gray interior.

The truck is really in superb shape as the mileage would indicate. One or two of the wheels have minor curb rash, which I would document in photos. No rust. Again, this is just a super clean LX470.

25-30 is what you can actually get for it

That being said low miles isnt necessarily a selling point for these vehicles since they last so long. Somethin with 174k can look just as good or better if taken care of.

I heard that's the best color combo.

So I will just go ahead and say it, you will not get $35k with your present strategy. It would be possible, but you have not approached this with a 35k method. Those sellers commanding a premium price present every single detail about the vehicle with photos and documentation. They are engaged and very quick to respond. That is important because you don't want to give the buyer too much time to rethink the purchase price. The issue is no one can really give you anything more than a ballpark figure because you have offered so little to go on. I would say the range you could get would be 22-30. Getting 30 will still take a very large amount of time and effort though. There are dealers who are asking $35k, but they will likely sell for below that number and are actively seeking to find customers.

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree that if I were to put the truck on the market with an aggressive price point, I would need to support that price threshold with documentation and photos. I personally would expect that of a vehicle I planned to purchase. At this time the truck is not on the market as I am still looking for a replacement. Again, though I appreciate your thoughts.

I will include photos in the coming days.

So I will just go ahead and say it, you will not get $35k with your present strategy. It would be possible, but you have not approached this with a 35k method. Those sellers commanding a premium price present every single detail about the vehicle with photos and documentation. They are engaged and very quick to respond. That is important because you don't want to give the buyer too much time to rethink the purchase price. The issue is no one can really give you anything more than a ballpark figure because you have offered so little to go on. I would say the range you could get would be 22-30. Getting 30 will still take a very large amount of time and effort though. There are dealers who are asking $35k, but they will likely sell for below that number and are actively seeking to find customers.

To get $35k, you will have to find someone who doesn't mind overpaying for things - they are out there. I think you are looking at low 20s for an end user - maybe mid 20s if it is super clean. Lots of flippers on here will try to convince you it's worth a king's ransom, but they overpaid and, I believe, have overshot realistic value for a 100 Series.

Last edited:
I would say it is worth 30 to 32K if it is truly rust free which is improbable given its location.
I recently paid 32K for a 2005 w/55K miles garage kept all its life in Santa Clarita, CA so it was
completely rust free. I was happy to pay a premium since it was worth it (maybe only to me) to get a low
mileage LC in exc condition even though it was 10K+ more than many others i looked at
that were in "very good" condition.

Realistically, I think you're somewhere in the $26-28k range. If you want to hold out for that perfect buyer, you might be able to get more but that would come down to how patient you are.

Providing a lot of service documentation and being quick to respond to questions will help your case, as will lots of detailed phots. That being said, it sounds like you have a very desirable color combo so that should help it sell quickly!

Thanks guys. I am still trying to decide if I am going to replace it or not. Here are a couple of quick snapshots:

FullSizeRend1er.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

The photos that count if you want a premium price are detailed, clear,
high resolution photos of the underside to confirm there is no rust. Without
that it is an 18,000 car at best.

Definitely post up better pics, hope she doesn't have a 10 Nebraska winter untreated undercarriage

Ha ha easy guys! @Coltranes, I have been in your situation before. I don't think you actually want to sell. Anything that you buy will just be compared to what you have now, which is essentially the pinnacle of what can be bought.

@gungriffin You may be right. Once I commit to selling it, I will provide hi-res photos to all that are interested in buying it. The photos I provided in this thread simply gave a quick exterior of the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom