Builds 2005 Sequoia Limited Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made a folding hitch step out of some scrap and a magnet I had laying around. Finished with some grip tape. Unfortunately cost me $250 to make... I dropped the hitch with the cutting disk still spinning on the side grinder and it jerked the grinder out of my hand and through the webbing of my hand... Praise the Lord nothing major hit and can still feel most of my hand

20200201_185124.jpg

20200201_185132.jpg

20200131_163752.jpg

20200201_080108.jpg

Dam Dude that looks nasty. Glad your alright.

Thanks man! Post 51 in my thread has the link to the tees I used. There are 2 main heater t's in the system located on either side of the engine near the fire wall. They supply coolant to the rear heaters. They become very brittle and break leaking coolant which could strand you. Some replace with OEM and some use the metal t's, I went with metal. Kinda wish I would have just gone OEM and may, because the metal are a smaller diameter and you have to really crank down on some hose clamps to keep them from leaking.

Wheels are 17x7 TRD sema wheels. Not sure the offset, but I run 1.25 spidertrax spacers and tires sit just outside the fender.

I think it’s a 4MM offset. PTR20-35110-BK

So if I’m reading it right your 285/70’s cleared without spacers? I like a more subtle and narrow stance :)

They did without issue.

With or without mud flaps?

few differences in the module for the tundra, the wire is pink with silver stripe on tundra and I believe the module is black. It is to the right of the radio inbetween the glovebox and radio. I got to it through removing the glovebox, but I had the radio out as well. It's a tight space. Cut the pink/silver wire from the plug and ground it, there is a screw holding the module, that's what I used. Here's a link for you. How can I disable the TPMS on my 2006 Sequoia?

Thanks for posting this, just tapped into the wire and killed the light!

My 285/70/17, on Method NV 17x8.5” w/0mm offset did not rub. I have the OME 2885 and 5100 on lowest setting. No mud flaps. Put on spacers, rubs.

Tried out a cheap Amazon backup camera, so far so good. Had just enough wire to make it to the middle console. Currently tied in for ignition power and on all the time. May change that depending on how bright the leds are on the camera, I don't want them shinning in anyone's face at night. I was surprised at the downward angle it had to sit to catch the rear bumper, but it still gets 12 ft off the ground at 40ft. For under $40 I am impressed. Camera here You can adjust the grid all directions and also shut it off. Still deciding on the monitor location. I had an existing mount there already so just used it.
Install was okay. Had to drill a half inch hole to the right of the license light. Running the wire through the gate was terrible. There is a 15 inch long rubber grommet with 3 90s, pretty much impossible to get all the way through. Used a long zip tie and ended up cutting a notch halfway through the boot to save frustration. First test if the wire was out of the way of the rear window failed... Ripped it in half so had to splice it back together. Make sure you use plenty of zip ties. Tied power in to the mirror adjustment under the center console.

20200322_173254.jpg

20200322_173323.jpg

Loving the build. If I ever get a Sequoia I'd build it the same way. Hope that hand is healing well!

Been working on lighting. Installed a 32" curved bar in the bumper. Fit great, just tack welded to the bumper cross member. Made some ditch light brackets and put some pods on them. Changed the switches and added a dedicated rear set of pods. Bar and ditch lights same switch. Each side switches independently and then the rear by themselves.

20200601_211005.jpg

20200601_211034.jpg

20200601_211057.jpg

20200601_211114.jpg

20200601_162748.jpg

next up, TC UCA, Toytec Boss 700lbs coilovers with diff drop and suspensionmaxx extended sway links. added an extension bracket to the sensor for the rear air springs. I like the auto level feature so keeping the air springs, they are in good shape. I have 4 kids so it's nice that it levels out when they are riding with me and tow a trailer when we camp. Inner CV boot clamps were loose allowing grease to sling out. Repacked with molly and installed some hose clamps. Here it sits with the stock wheels and tires :rofl:

View attachment 1931506

View attachment 1931507

View attachment 1931509
next up, TC UCA, Toytec Boss 700lbs coilovers with diff drop and suspensionmaxx extended sway links. added an extension bracket to the sensor for the rear air springs. I like the auto level feature so keeping the air springs, they are in good shape. I have 4 kids so it's nice that it levels out when they are riding with me and tow a trailer when we camp. Inner CV boot clamps were loose allowing grease to sling out. Repacked with molly and installed some hose clamps. Here it sits with the stock wheels and tires :rofl:

View attachment 1931506

View attachment 1931507

View attachment 1931509

I don't have any experience with lifts products. I bought a 2005 4WD Limited without the airbags about 6 months ago and I'm looking to upgrade the suspension. I am working on getting a list together so I can start a forum on here and I plan to do all of the work. I've got a few questions:

1. How high of a lift is this? You used toytec coilovers but most of the ones I look up online range up to 2.5" and 3.0" but this looks higher in comparison to other pictures I've looked at.
2. Not sure WHEN I need to consider doing a diff drop. Is there a rule of thumb based on how much you lift from stock or is it just a visual inspection of the strain on the CV joints?

Thanks.

I don't have any experience with lifts products. I bought a 2005 4WD Limited without the airbags about 6 months ago and I'm looking to upgrade the suspension. I am working on getting a list together so I can start a forum on here and I plan to do all of the work. I've got a few questions:

1. How high of a lift is this? You used toytec coilovers but most of the ones I look up online range up to 2.5" and 3.0" but this looks higher in comparison to other pictures I've looked at.
2. Not sure WHEN I need to consider doing a diff drop. Is there a rule of thumb based on how much you lift from stock or is it just a visual inspection of the strain on the CV joints?

Thanks.
I'm at 2.5 inches of lift from stock. I did a diff drop to reduce the strain on the axles, cost is minimal. I also ended up replacing the inner and outer boots on the axles because they tore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom