Builds 2005 Sequoia Limited Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great build. Is that Sequoia outside yours too? Any details on it?
My buddies, Build He has since added method wheels and powerstop brake kit and done some cosmetic stuff, i'll tell him he needs to get on and update his thread. We did 5100s and spacers in the rear, diff drop, 35s on the methods and he's added a billion lights.

Hey, new member here. Just picked up the same rig, 2007 Limited, same color and everything.
Will be my son's DD but I'll be helping him mod it for camping, light off-road, basic truck stuff.
Will likely be taking a lot of cues from your build, you seem to have your truck pretty well sorted out.

First, and probably easiest question... what floor mats are you running? I see some black ones in one of your pics that looks to have pretty decent coverage. Having a hard time finding something decent and custom fit.

Last edited:
Hey, new member here. Just picked up the same rig, 2007 Limited, same color and everything.
Will be my son's DD but I'll be helping him mod it for camping, light off-road, basic truck stuff.
Will likely be taking a lot of cues from your build, you seem to have your truck pretty well sorted out.

First, and probably easiest question... what floor mats are you running? I see some black ones in one of your pics that looks to have pretty decent coverage. Having a hard time finding something decent and custom fit.
Welcome aboard. I went with weather tech. Husky also makes a molded fit mat. Huskys are a little thicker. The second row WT is terrible fit, it was also terrible on my 80. I like the front and rear though.

Welcome aboard. I went with weather tech. Husky also makes a molded fit mat. Huskys are a little thicker. The second row WT is terrible fit, it was also terrible on my 80. I like the front and rear though.

Thanks. Went ahead and got the Weather Techs. Used some velcro to hold them in place a little better.
Rear has not arrived yet, hopefully some strategically placed velcro will fix the poor fit.

Also ordered some ditch light brackets and LED pods and harness. Plan to use the same switch location as yours, in the front center console panel. Just to confirm, the switches you used are the standard Toyota rectangle push switches, 1.53"x.87", correct?

Thanks. Went ahead and got the Weather Techs. Used some velcro to hold them in place a little better.
Rear has not arrived yet, hopefully some strategically placed velcro will fix the poor fit.

Also ordered some ditch light brackets and LED pods and harness. Plan to use the same switch location as yours, in the front center console panel. Just to confirm, the switches you used are the standard Toyota rectangle push switches, 1.53"x.87", correct?
1.54x.83 is what the site said. It's the more rectangular one of the 2 Toyota switches. The more square one is for the newer model

1.54x.83 is what the site said. It's the more rectangular one of the 2 Toyota switches. The more square one is for the newer model

OK, just wanted to make sure I got the right one.

We're gonna go with a coilover lift for the front, and probably keep the rear as is, with just an upgraded shock.
Can you explain the mod you did for the rear links on the air suspension?
As I understand it, it basically tricks the system into thinking its sagging more, and so inflates the air bags more for increased ride height.
I have heard you could adjust the links to get about another 1" or so, essentially riding at the raised level without reverting back to normal once you get rolling.
Did you make the links to go beyond that even?

OK, just wanted to make sure I got the right one.

We're gonna go with a coilover lift for the front, and probably keep the rear as is, with just an upgraded shock.
Can you explain the mod you did for the rear links on the air suspension?
As I understand it, it basically tricks the system into thinking its sagging more, and so inflates the air bags more for increased ride height.
I have heard you could adjust the links to get about another 1" or so, essentially riding at the raised level without reverting back to normal once you get rolling.
Did you make the links to go beyond that even?
post #17 has a pic of the spacer I put between the link. There is only one link, it is mounted on the rear diff. Look at my pic and you should be able to find it. If you put weight in the vehicle, that pushes the chassis down, lowering that arm, which then adjusts your ride height automatically. The height switches are for manual operation. The more you extend that arm, the higher it will be at the "normal" setting. Get a tape measure and measure your current rear fender height. Adjust that arm or add a bracket between it, and then let the truck adjust, usually you will hear it kick on pretty quickly, then re measure until you get the height you want. bags adjust up almost 6 inches if you removed the arm from the diff, but you bounce all over the road because the bags are so full.

OK, makes sense. I wasn't sure if there was just one, or a link for each side to move independently.
My E55 has air suspension and some folks lower those cars in a similar way, just the opposite direction.
Do you think the adjustable rear shocks are necessary to counteract the extra air in the bags or just a nice to have?

Hoping to get the suspension sorted out in the next couple of weeks and then concentrate more on interior outfitting.
Already converted the headlights, fogs and interior bulbs to LED, added a set of ditch lights and a roof rack with a rear facing work light.
Plan to do a full fluid change out and whatever other maintenance items are needed this weekend.

Thanks for all the info so far. Looking forward to seeing what else you have in store for your rig.

OK, makes sense. I wasn't sure if there was just one, or a link for each side to move independently.
My E55 has air suspension and some folks lower those cars in a similar way, just the opposite direction.
Do you think the adjustable rear shocks are necessary to counteract the extra air in the bags or just a nice to have?

Hoping to get the suspension sorted out in the next couple of weeks and then concentrate more on interior outfitting.
Already converted the headlights, fogs and interior bulbs to LED, added a set of ditch lights and a roof rack with a rear facing work light.
Plan to do a full fluid change out and whatever other maintenance items are needed this weekend.

Thanks for all the info so far. Looking forward to seeing what else you have in store for your rig.
Definitely get an adjustable shock. The bags need a different valving to be supported.

Ok, good to hear. Im happy again lol. Those fence post you used for running boards, what size were they, were they 1-7/8 inch diameter. That's the biggest I can find here in Canada.
Thanks for taking the time and effort to share all this info. I learned a lot about this car. Although I striped my 05 sequoia and did all kind of stuff to it. I even sanded the engine block with a wire brush and painted it with POR lol. I will post some photos here when I'm done.

I just have to alignment on it and it's ready. Initially that's what I thought of doing for running boards just cut the brackets off of them and weld something on them, but I did not know what. When I saw your post I was so happy. I did not want to drop money on fancy running boards. I have to ask: were they comfortable enough to function like running boards, the height and all, were they to close to the door.

Thanks

Ok, good to hear. Im happy again lol. Those fence post you used for running boards, what size were they, were they 1-7/8 inch diameter. That's the biggest I can find here in Canada.
Thanks for taking the time and effort to share all this info. I learned a lot about this car. Although I striped my 05 sequoia and did all kind of stuff to it. I even sanded the engine block with a wire brush and painted it with POR lol. I will post some photos here when I'm done.

I just have to alignment on it and it's ready. Initially that's what I thought of doing for running boards just cut the brackets off of them and weld something on them, but I did not know what. When I saw your post I was so happy. I did not want to drop money on fancy running boards. I have to ask: were they comfortable enough to function like running boards, the height and all, were they to close to the door.

Thanks
Terminal post 2 3/8". You have a lot of room to adjust. Remove the steps and decide where you want the post to sit.

Terminal post 2 3/8". You have a lot of room to adjust. Remove the steps and decide where you want the post to sit.
I was doing this today and when I mounted just the brackets and set the pipe on it, it seemed to close to the bottom door. There was not much room to put the foot. Did you modify the brackets or anything or did you just lay the pipe on it and adjusted it on top of the bracket more inner or outer?

I was doing this today and when I mounted just the brackets and set the pipe on it, it seemed to close to the bottom door. There was not much room to put the foot. Did you modify the brackets or anything or did you just lay the pipe on it and adjusted it on top of the bracket more inner or outer?
I actually cut the brackets about 1" shorter/closer to the truck. I'll take a Pic shortly for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom