Builds 2005 Sequoia Limited Build Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice, I’ve been looking at those as well. I wish someone made those for a Honda Element, the case on my wife’s fob is falling apart.

Pics

20190408_182946.jpg

Wanted some steps for the kids and the wife but not interested in dropping the coin on sliders. Removed the plastic and metal tray from the factory steps and bought 2 black galvanized terminal fence posts with caps. Cut down the brackets and welded the posts. Topped with some grip tape.

20190410_145520.jpg

20190410_153346.jpg

20190410_172732.jpg

20190410_172739.jpg

Last edited:
Well my tpms finally went off. Not sure why it took so long to do so. Been 500 miles without the sensors. Oh well did a bypass, let me know if you need a hand with it. The process I went by took about 30 min, I know it applies to 05-07 for sure.

Last edited:
My TPMS light is on, I haven't decided whether or not I'll bother with sensors once I get my wheels and tires on. I prefer to have everything functioning as new but lets face it, those things are there for the 99% of people who don't pay attention, not for nerds on car forums. I'll probably just pull the bulb and forget about it.

My TPMS light is on, I haven't decided whether or not I'll bother with sensors once I get my wheels and tires on. I prefer to have everything functioning as new but lets face it, those things are there for the 99% of people who don't pay attention, not for nerds on car forums. I'll probably just pull the bulb and forget about it.
Pending on the year the bulb is an led soldered to the board... I still have the sensors in my original wheels, but I've never liked this feature anyway and didn't want to go through the trouble of swapping them.

@Jgrauman How do you like your hombrew steps? I want something narrower than factory so I can step over easy but the wife can still use them? How do you think they’d hold up to a hit?

I love them. Very sturdy with the 4 points of contact. I can jump up and down on them with no movement. Only going to be good for a step or protecting from a neighboring door swing in the parking lot. I like the look much better than the factory step. I cut down the brackets so they are tucked pretty close, I can step over them, the wife and kids love them. My 3 year old can now get in by himself

Nice work. I have the the same model/year. It spent most of its life as a the wife's grocery getter but now it's mine. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Does your back hatch still work? Mine has broken so many times I've given up on fixing it.

So still haven't had time to install new cv boots. Been going back and forth on just replacing the axles anyway since original have 145k on them. I've been looking at CVJ. Has anyone used them? They only accept Toyota cores so I will be getting genuine Toyota axles, but would get the high angle inner boots and neoprene outer. Anyone with experience from them?

So still haven't had time to install new cv boots. Been going back and forth on just replacing the axles anyway since original have 145k on them. I've been looking at CVJ. Has anyone used them? They only accept Toyota cores so I will be getting genuine Toyota axles, but would get the high angle inner boots and neoprene outer. Anyone with experience from them?

seems reasonable for those CVs, but i have no personal experience with them. i want to get a spare on hand "just in case"

For anyone running Total Chaos UCA's, I tried a few different types of grease on the bushings to keep it from squeaking, they would only last about a week and start squeaking again. I picked up some Green Grease from advance and it's been 6 weeks and still quiet. I loosened the bolts, filled with grease until came out both sides to push out old grease. As I tightened the bolt, I released pressure on the zirks to push back out any extra grease in the bushing. I drove about 10 miles and released pressure again to make sure the bushings would not deform. Good to go. I will update when they start to squeak again. Going to give this grease a try in my ujoints as well as it seems to not sling as easily.

Swapped the driver side cv boots this weekend. Only took 45 min. I'll take some pics of the passenger. It was a beautiful thing to see under the dust cap. My friends all have named my Sequoia "cream puff." I have never worked on a rig so clean. Factory paint marks were still on the cotter pin for the axle lock nut like it was just made. I didn't have the crimp tool for the boot clamp and it was Sunday night so I only did one side and haven't had time to finish up.

Your build is AWESOME, exactly the approach I'm trying to take. I wish my paint was in as good shape as yours is. How's the ride quality from the BOSS coilovers? On my f150 I was on the fence between the BOSS and the Fox 2.0 and went with the Fox, sort of having buyers remorse. It's a pretty harsh ride compared to a couple of others I've been in since.

Your build is AWESOME, exactly the approach I'm trying to take. I wish my paint was in as good shape as yours is. How's the ride quality from the BOSS coilovers? On my f150 I was on the fence between the BOSS and the Fox 2.0 and went with the Fox, sort of having buyers remorse. It's a pretty harsh ride compared to a couple of others I've been in since.
Thanks! been a lot of fun. I have enjoyed the BOSS. We have them on a 19 Tundra at work as well. They ride great. I have the 700# on the sequoia and the 650# on the tundra. I don't think they are harsh at all, but that's all relative. Look forward to seeing what you are doing with it. Start a thread and keep us posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom