Builds 2005 Sequoia Limited Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking into a fog light mod. My fogs cut off when I turn on my high beams. I hate that. Leaves a dead zone in the front of the truck. The new led fogs actually put out a good bit of light that covers that area. Wierd that Toyota designed this that way. If anyone has done this let me know. Found a few posts in tacoma and tundras so may give it a shot.
I have same issue - went with the new bumper and added the small 2" Rigid lights. They are connected to the light stack on the steering column but turn off when I flip high beams...incidentally, running a few similar things as you.. I definitely want to upgrade interior lights with LEDs - thanks for the post

Thanks - couldn't tell if you had something custom going on inside of the factory rails. I've been researching custom racks for a while so always keeping an eye out. Roll on!
I'm in similar situation - so far only Gobi seems to be the right choice (with enough weight capacity for a RTT and other things)... pls respond if you get other options..

Sure are pretty behind there.

20191205_175302.jpg

I am thinking about a Sequoia. They seem to be cheaper than a LC. Any regrets since your purchase?

Not a one. Had an 80 before and it was getting too small for my family of six. The v8 is great and after I took it wheeling the first time, all remorse for the 80 was gone. It's very capable and extremely comfortable.

Installed some pod lights on the roof rack today. Still waiting for these factory style switches to insert into the center console next to the air controls. Hold your breath and I'll post pics once the switches get here. Lights are good so far. Same style I had on my 80, only con so far is the mounting bolt and nut and bracket were not zinc plated, so they were already rusting. A little rattle can will take care of that. Other than that, they seem well built and sealed.

Finished up the lighting today. The switches are great, they do not have a second ground for the backlight so they can't be dimmed, but other than that they are great. I went ahead and ordered a set of these as well. Put 2 in front and 2 on top. Have 2 pods in the corner of the rack facing backward and 2 facing out the corner of the rear. Installed 3 relays and a fuse panel. Running on 3 switches, 1 front, and 1 for each side of the rack.

20200116_185706.jpg

20200116_185824.jpg

20200116_185818.jpg

Looks awesome. Where did you get the plate that you mounted the switches on?

Love your build. I’m starting mine soon. This was my wife’s grocery getter, but now it’s mine to modify.

What are the specs on those wheels? I’m getting ready to lift my 07 and debating which wheels I want.

What is the coolant T mod you guys are talking about?

Love your build. I’m starting mine soon. This was my wife’s grocery getter, but now it’s mine to modify.

What are the specs on those wheels? I’m getting ready to lift my 07 and debating which wheels I want.

What is the coolant T mod you guys are talking about?
Thanks man! Post 51 in my thread has the link to the tees I used. There are 2 main heater t's in the system located on either side of the engine near the fire wall. They supply coolant to the rear heaters. They become very brittle and break leaking coolant which could strand you. Some replace with OEM and some use the metal t's, I went with metal. Kinda wish I would have just gone OEM and may, because the metal are a smaller diameter and you have to really crank down on some hose clamps to keep them from leaking.

Wheels are 17x7 TRD sema wheels. Not sure the offset, but I run 1.25 spidertrax spacers and tires sit just outside the fender.

Well my tpms finally went off. Not sure why it took so long to do so. Been 500 miles without the sensors. Oh well did a bypass, let me know if you need a hand with it. The process I went by took about 30 min, I know it applies to 05-07 for sure.
Interested in how you by past the TPM . My light is on ,I'm getting new tires and want to just ditch the sensors.
Thanks and nice build

Interested in how you by past the TPM . My light is on ,I'm getting new tires and want to just ditch the sensors.
Thanks and nice build
few differences in the module for the tundra, the wire is pink with silver stripe on tundra and I believe the module is black. It is to the right of the radio inbetween the glovebox and radio. I got to it through removing the glovebox, but I had the radio out as well. It's a tight space. Cut the pink/silver wire from the plug and ground it, there is a screw holding the module, that's what I used. Here's a link for you. How can I disable the TPMS on my 2006 Sequoia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom