2002 LX470 CV Axel replaced and vibration started. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,
I took my 2002 LX470 to the shop last week to replace the CV axles as they were worn-out.
After replacing with TRAKMOTIVE from Rockauto.com, a strong vibration started.

The shop mounted NAPA ones, same thing, rebuild and balanced the front shaft, still there. Removed the new axles and installed the old ones, it disappeared.
What might they be missing and/or what can be done in this case?

Any help is Really Appreciated,
Thanks!
Canelo
2002 LX470

Any lift? I was adjusting mine after installing LCA reinforcements. At 22” hub to fender I had a new vibration from 27-32mph. After lowering it to 21.5” the vibration went away (OEM CVs). The aftermarkets may not tolerate as much lift.

Any lift? I was adjusting mine after installing LCA reinforcements. At 22” hub to fender I had a new vibration from 27-32mph. After lowering it to 21.5” the vibration went away (OEM CVs). The aftermarkets may not tolerate as much lift.
Thanks for your reply. No lifts however, new struts were also installed; tie rods and control arms.

Aftermarket CVs are often terrible. Could very well be that the aftermarket axles were both just poor quality.

New genuine CV axles are $400+ each for a reason.
Thanks for your reply...

The shop called me yesterday. They tried a third set, this time from O'Reilly, and the vibration came back.

So neither the Rockauto.com, NAPA nor O'Reilly's, worked... 3 out of 3.

Weird thing... Any recommendations where to buy Original ones then? Lexus of Wesley Chapel FL, asked over $600 each, and only had one...

Thanks for your reply...

The shop called me yesterday. They tried a third set, this time from O'Reilly, and the vibration came back.

So neither the Rockauto.com, NAPA nor O'Reilly's, worked... 3 out of 3.

Weird thing... Any recommendations where to buy Original ones then? Lexus of Wesley Chapel FL, asked over $600 each, and only had one...
Partsouq or one of the many online dealers. Should be able to find one under $550 at least.

Partsouq or one of the many online dealers. Should be able to find one under $550 at least.

Yep, this @Canelo. Snag some new OEM Drive Flanges for the front as well. Swap those out with the CV's and grease the needle bearings while your in there. That should get you going in the right direction.

Yep, this @Canelo. Snag some new OEM Drive Flanges for the front as well. Swap those out with the CV's and grease the needle bearings while your in there. That should get you going in the right direction.
Yes, great point. Always use new flanges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom