'04 LC100 CV Axle Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2004 LC 100 91k miles. Dealer said I need both front axles replaced. Both have tears in the boot. Don't hear any clicking but I'm going to replace them anyway / DIY with OEM replacement parts. While I have the axles out is there anything else that I should look for. Thanks in advance...you guys are always great at making recommendations.

If they're not clicking why not just reboot? Full kits available from Cruiser Outfitters.
I did this recently on mine that started leaking a bit. Its a messy job but didn't take all that long.
Significantly cheaper than doing new axles too!
2004 LC 100 91k miles. Dealer said I need both front axles replaced. Both have tears in the boot. Don't hear any clicking but I'm going to replace them anyway / DIY with OEM replacement parts. While I have the axles out is there anything else that I should look for. Thanks in advance...you guys are always great at making recommendations.
Its a good idea to also check suspension/sway bar bushings, Shocks, ball joints, and tie rod ends. Its not a bad time to do steering rack bushings as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom