CV Axel Replacement Spring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please help. I am replacing cv Axel on passenger side of lx470 2006. This spring ring seems to have come out of the transfer case portion. Have not seen it mentioned anywhere.

image.jpg

This might help
It’s just a spring that keeps the inner lip of the seal tight to the inboard CV axle shaft. Throw it in the trash - your new seal will already have one.

It seals the front diff by holding the inboard shaft that keeps the sealed front diff system from leaking gear oil.
That's part of the old oil seal and it can be disposed.

You broke nothing :)

This might help

It seals the front diff by holding the inboard shaft that keeps the sealed front diff system from leaking gear oil.
That's part of the old oil seal and it can be disposed.

You broke nothing :)
if you're not replacing the seal, don't throw it away. you might be able to put it back in place as it doesn't look too deformed.

Its called a garter spring btw

Another question. Toyota would not take the old cv axels. I know some places give you money back if you take them in. Is there anything I can do with the old cv axels?

Another question. Toyota would not take the old cv axels. I know some places give you money back if you take them in. Is there anything I can do with the old cv axels?

If they're Toyota CVs, toss them up on the Classifieds. They can be rebuilt with new outers, or used as trail spares, etc.

I believe they were rebuilt as well. When I asked about core refund they stated they would not take them.

If they're Toyota CVs, toss them up on the Classifieds. They can be rebuilt with new outers, or used as trail spares, etc.
Yes they are the original ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom