This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don’t think I saw this anywhere but is your truck throwing any codes when everything lights up?
yes... At first I took it to have the transmission checked since it was not shifting. The transmission was good and he ran codes. It looked like EVERYTHING was bad. Then I do a battery negative reset and they are all gone. I had full diagnostic done and the mechanic described the issue about the same as above. That's when I started looking at the gateway module plugs that were indeed fouled with water. They appear to be clear now but it's hard to tell what may or may not be in all those itty-bitty holes.

If it were me, I’d trade this sucker in for another 200.
Before dumping it personally I’d check with my insurance company to see if water infiltration like this is covered under comprehensive coverage. I know I’ve seen at least one reply someone on this forum where a main wiring harness replacement was covered, though that may be the exception, not the norm

Before dumping it personally I’d check with my insurance company to see if water infiltration like this is covered under comprehensive coverage. I know I’ve seen at least one reply someone on this forum where a main wiring harness replacement was covered, though that may be the exception, not the norm
Just so everyone here knows... I have NO intention of dumping this vehicle. I think It can be fixed with the help of you fine people here. I'll check with my insurance agent. That would be too good to be true.

Just so everyone here knows... I have NO intention of dumping this vehicle. I think It can be fixed with the help of you fine people here. I'll check with my insurance agent. That would be too good to be true.
Rodent damage is covered also.

Another point of water intrusion can be the HVAC opening underneath the cowl. The weather stripping maybe old and need to be replaced or you can add some. This topic has been covered if you search. You can either replace it or cover it up. I didn’t want to cover it because that means air would not be circulating in so I cut and trimmed aluminum vent covering and secured with some double sided tape. I will let you know if this works.

IMG_1282.jpeg

Anyone have parts numbers for the lower plug and block?

it rained so hard lately that I saw Noah floating by with two of everything

lol first time i heard this.

Just wanted to add that you should check the sunroof gasket itself because that is the weak point and actual root problem fouling drain lines.

Sunroof gasket is no longer available.

Sunroof gasket is no longer available.
Not sure of year splits but 63251-12190 is for an LX570 and still shows available. I have one on the shelf but can’t find time to install it.

I’d buy another battery. Modern cars are so weird about voltage. Batteries are cheap, electric gremlin troubleshooting is expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom