200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dang that would have been a killer deal.
For the price they are hard to beat. With that said the finish on them is good but not great. Doesn’t seem as durable as others like method. They have some of the 18” wheels with the 25mm offset still in stock and on sale.

First of all, thank you to all that posted in this thread. It helped tremendously in my shopping.

For me... Stock suspension. No spacers. Just bolt on replacements.

As much as I wanted Rock Warrior wheels because 17" meant more sidewall squish, finding a set in decent condition without spending an arm and a leg was fruitless after nearly a year of shopping. I found a few sets, but other buyers snapped them up before I could. The bronze BBS forged TRD wheels are also quite appealing to me, but again, the incredibly high cost turned me away. As much a like traditional 5-spoke wheels, the Toyota offerings weren't really doing it for me. I like the wide spoke Tundra wheels in the test fitment shown below, but the offset sucked them in a bit too far for my liking and I didn't want spacers. Meanwhile, the 10-spoke Land Cruiser wheels caught my eye, so there you have it.

275/65R18 (32") BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO2, Tundra wheels. 91lbs each tire + wheel. Test fitment and test drive before installing on my brother's Tundra (not the green one shown below). Turn in slightly more responsive than Grabber ATX, which I attribute to the stiffer sidewalls of LT rating.

275/70R18 (33") General Grabber ATX, 2018 Land Cruiser wheels. 78 lbs each tire + wheel. Installed Nov 2021, so not many miles to give long term feedback. I'm still experimenting with on-road tire pressure in the 31-38 psi range. Initial feedback on-road is noise levels on par with the KO2. Noticeably more, but certainly not objectionable, noise than the OE Michelin Latitude Tour HP, but those are very street biased, crossover tires . So far, my wife and kids have not mentioned one iota about tire noise. (very) slightly softer ride than KO2, but I attribute it to the load rating SL (General) vs. LT (KO2) and slight bit of additional sidewall. My first choice was KO2 because of the rugged appearance and legendary performance, toughness, and durability, however the feedback about sketchy wet weather traction turned me off. This is my wife's daily driver and family trickster, so I didn't want to be concerned about wet traction. Furthermore, 90% driving will be on road, but I wanted the capability, confidence, and assurance of a capable all-terrain tire when the chances and opportunities present themselves. The only rubbing was the outboard shoulder against the front splash guard inboard couple inches at nearly full lock. That was remedied with a heat gun and 2x4 reshaping the plastic a bit. These are the summer tires; Bridgestone Blizzak DMV2 (255/70R18 = tall and skinny) serve winter duty. Therefore, winter traction wasn't very high on priority list for all-terrain tires.

Now that I've had the 33s on, there's no going back to smaller tires. I like how they fill the wheel wells. All these view with suspension set in N mode.
View attachment 2921929View attachment 2921931
View attachment 2921932
View attachment 2921933
31k miles on my General Grabber ATX. 11 mm tread depth when new. 8 mm depth on them now - incredible. Wearing quite evenly with 5000 mi rotations. I have been quite pleased with their all around performance with zero regrets for my use. Have towed a handful of trailers from tiny 5x8 utility trailer up to a 30' enclosed car hauler. The highlight of their performance was my cross country road trip to UT, AZ, and CO including driving off road to north rim Grand Canyon and Imogene Pass near Telluride, CO. They handled the rocky road/trails with aplomb.
Epic cross-country family road trip. IN --> UT, CO (Imogene Pass), and AZ - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/epic-cross-country-family-road-trip-in-ut-co-imogene-pass-and-az.1325341/#post-15215918

31k miles on my General Grabber ATX. 11 mm tread depth when new. 8 mm depth on them now - incredible. Wearing quite evenly with 5000 mi rotations. I have been quite pleased with their all around performance with zero regrets for my use. Have towed a handful of trailers from tiny 5x8 utility trailer up to a 30' enclosed car hauler. The highlight of their performance was my cross country road trip to UT, AZ, and CO including driving off road to north rim Grand Canyon and Imogene Pass near Telluride, CO. They handled the rocky road/trails with aplomb.
Epic cross-country family road trip. IN --> UT, CO (Imogene Pass), and AZ - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/epic-cross-country-family-road-trip-in-ut-co-imogene-pass-and-az.1325341/#post-15215918
loving my general grabber atx
offroading + highway + desert sand toys towing

Anybody tried these Icon Recon Pros yet? Good looking wheels & specs work nice for what I'm looking for in a 17. Their DOT approved "inner lock" technology sounds interesting. Potential leak source? The replaceable outter ring is nice too. Anybody run the Rebound Pros for a while with any leaks?

I just ran across the regular Recon SLX and am really digging them. I think they would look great on a 2016+ LX with all the sharp corners it has.

Hello!

I cannot find the link to tires information database, can anyone point that to me? :)

Pretty much drained all 126 glorious pages along with a few build threads. Great detail all, and thanks. Running over to Costco for new glasses.

Our LC has hit 130 stock and has earned some upgrades. Starting with Wheels/Tires/Suspension. Picked the Method 305 NV 25 Matte Black b/c I love the fake bead lock look and the wait and cost of the Darfur's is a bit too much to bite off... Still picking rubber. Want to go 285/75/17 and understand the "light trimming" involved. Also sounds like a re gear is cool, especially if you wheel a lot, but for North East forrest trails and Ski runs, likely not high on the spend money list, for me.

Most curious for those of you who have tried a lot of different tires, which reads like a lot of you, do you have a favorite for Snow/Ice/Rain and bearable road noise?

Will also be pairing this up with a Dobinsons IMS lift and UCAs. Not much towing, do use trailer hitch rack (air sounds nice, but again low on money list)

There are a decent amount of comments around snow and ice, and appreciate the noise is a bit subjective, but would love current thinking/input if any opinions?

I have read decent things here around:
  1. Wildpeaks
  2. KO2's - seen a little around K03s
  3. Klevers
  4. Ridge Grapplers

Thanks!

Jbuckley I’ve tried 3 different tires as my needs have changed. E rated Ridge Grapplers were tough and great for overlanding, bad for hard pack snow. At 34” they were the max size to fit as a spare without modifying and as you mentioned some light trimming up front. Initially used 1.25” wheel spacers with no issues then switched to wheels with +25 offset

Swapped AT tires for 35” Baja Boss MT, E rated and very satisfied with the aggressive bite off-road and rock crawling. Audible hum on pavement but loads of sound dampening so family never complained. Required significant bending and modifying mounts to fit 35s. MT tires are even worse on hard pack snow than the Ridge Grapplers..

Since this is the first year this vehicle is seeing regular runs to the ski hills, I now have the passenger tire version of the Wildpeak AT3W for winter highway conditions. Exactly as expected they are exceptional in wet and snowy conditions. However I did experience hydroplaning last week and I am not sure if it was just the heavy rain or the tire pattern. The lighter and more supple passenger tires are a quiet comfortable ride and a major contrast to the heavy MT tires. Falken has updated to AT4W which in my opinion is not laser focused on winter grip for my purposes.

The Klever RT sounds like a good balance if you had one set of tires but hopefully someone with experience can share their opinions.

I have had 2 sets of
Pretty much drained all 126 glorious pages along with a few build threads. Great detail all, and thanks. Running over to Costco for new glasses.

Our LC has hit 130 stock and has earned some upgrades. Starting with Wheels/Tires/Suspension. Picked the Method 305 NV 25 Matte Black b/c I love the fake bead lock look and the wait and cost of the Darfur's is a bit too much to bite off... Still picking rubber. Want to go 285/75/17 and understand the "light trimming" involved. Also sounds like a re gear is cool, especially if you wheel a lot, but for North East forrest trails and Ski runs, likely not high on the spend money list, for me.

Most curious for those of you who have tried a lot of different tires, which reads like a lot of you, do you have a favorite for Snow/Ice/Rain and bearable road noise?

Will also be pairing this up with a Dobinsons IMS lift and UCAs. Not much towing, do use trailer hitch rack (air sounds nice, but again low on money list)

There are a decent amount of comments around snow and ice, and appreciate the noise is a bit subjective, but would love current thinking/input if any opinions?

I have read decent things here around:
  1. Wildpeaks
  2. KO2's - seen a little around K03s
  3. Klevers
  4. Ridge Grapplers

Thanks!
Without knowing someone's tire buying history I would take a lot of opinions with a grain of salt. You might be talking to someone who has never had an AT tire before and all they know is how a mediocre OEM all season is.

I have run 2 sets of KO2's and 4 sets of Duratracs as well as some Blizzaks and Michelin X-ICE. I cannot recommend KO2's if one of your goals is good snow performance. I have found them to be mediocre at best.

I find that most KO2 buyers who think they are good in snow probably have never had another AT tire and only know the performance of some mediocre all season tire that came on the truck from the factory. Most people I have talked to that have tried other AT's pretty much unanimously say the KO2's arnt that great. I have heard the KO3's are theoretically an improvement in snow performance, but they have been out a limited amount of time and in limited sizes so have not seen much real world reports.

I've not run Wildpeak AT3W's but everything I have read says they are solid in the snow. Theories on the new AT4W tread design say it may have sacrificed some snow performance.

Klever RT's I would imagine might not be great in the snow just being an RT. The more aggressive the tire the more it tends to have harder rubber to cope with rocks. That said, most people report good performance.

No clue on the ridgegraps

Last edited:
Jbuckley I’ve tried 3 different tires as my needs have changed. E rated Ridge Grapplers were tough and great for overlanding, bad for hard pack snow. At 34” they were the max size to fit as a spare without modifying and as you mentioned some light trimming up front. Initially used 1.25” wheel spacers with no issues then switched to wheels with +25 offset

Swapped AT tires for 35” Baja Boss MT, E rated and very satisfied with the aggressive bite off-road and rock crawling. Audible hum on pavement but loads of sound dampening so family never complained. Required significant bending and modifying mounts to fit 35s. MT tires are even worse on hard pack snow than the Ridge Grapplers..

Since this is the first year this vehicle is seeing regular runs to the ski hills, I now have the passenger tire version of the Wildpeak AT3W for winter highway conditions. Exactly as expected they are exceptional in wet and snowy conditions. However I did experience hydroplaning last week and I am not sure if it was just the heavy rain or the tire pattern. The lighter and more supple passenger tires are a quiet comfortable ride and a major contrast to the heavy MT tires. Falken has updated to AT4W which in my opinion is not laser focused on winter grip for my purposes.

The Klever RT sounds like a good balance if you had one set of tires but hopefully someone with experience can share their opinions.
I just loaded up a new set of Michelin snow and ice (which have been great), so suppose I could continue to do the same and switch shoes over the winter and roll with better trail tires during the summers. Helpful, thank you!

I have had 2 sets of

Without knowing someone's tire buying history I would take a lot of opinions with a grain of salt. You might be talking to someone who has never had an AT tire before and all they know is how a mediocre OEM all season is.

I have run 2 sets of KO2's and 4 sets of Duratracs as well as some Blizzaks and Michelin X-ICE. I cannot recommend KO2's if one of your goals is good snow performance. I have found them to be mediocre at best.

I find that most KO2 buyers who think they are good in snow probably have never had another AT tire and only know the performance of some mediocre all season tire that came on the truck from the factory. Most people I have talked to that have tried other AT's pretty much unanimously say the KO2's arnt that great. I have heard the KO3's are theoretically an improvement in snow performance, but they have been out a limited amount of time and in limited sizes so have not seen much real world reports.

I've not run Wildpeak AT3W's but everything I have read says they are solid in the snow. Theories on the new AT4W tread design say it may have sacrificed some snow performance.

Klever RT's I would imagine might not be great in the snow just being an RT. The more aggressive the tire the more it tends to have harder rubber to cope with rocks. That said, most people report good performance.

No clue on the ridgegraps
Don't disagree, the given how many folks commented on use in different environments, I was looking to see if a more focused opinion on use in snow. Thanks

Thinking about running 285/75/17 on Rock Warrior wheels on my stock 200. Any feedback on any trimming that I need to get done? Or if they fit no problems?

Just got new OEM shocks installed with the OEM 1/2" front spacers to level the height.

Thanks in advanced!

Since I found this site a couple weeks ago while searching for tire recommendations, figured I'd show what the Cooper XLT AT3s look like on 20" wheels.

These are 285/55-r20, replacing KO2s of the same size. Initial observation is slightly stiffer ride, and a little quieter as well. I ran similar on my Tundra as well and have been generally pleased with them over the years.

IMG_20240308_142807.jpg

I just picked up a set of MR705 Methods in a +35mm. Does anyone have a suggested lug nut for them? Due to how shallow the center of the wheel is, I would like to keep the nuts as short as possible.

Picture stolen from a for sale thread in the classifieds of the same wheel I bought:

1710173266407.jpeg

I just picked up a set of MR705 Methods in a +35mm. Does anyone have a suggested lug nut for them? Due to how shallow the center of the wheel is, I would like to keep the nuts as short as possible.

Picture stolen from a for sale thread in the classifieds of the same wheel I bought:

View attachment 3579386

I bought the method lug nuts 💁🏻‍♂️

I bought the method lug nuts 💁🏻‍♂️

The ones they sell are extended and suspect they will stick out pretty far. I have some like that already from my F150 wheels and was hoping for something a bit shorter.

The ones they sell are extended and suspect they will stick out pretty far. I have some like that already from my F150 wheels and was hoping for something a bit shorter.
So the ones that are called "extended", are not usually extended out past the wheel face, they are extended down the wheel stud. This is to get more thread engagement between the lug nut and the wheel stud. Usually extended is what you want with the aftermarket wheels.

edit:
Well, looking at the pictures, maybe Method's lugnuts are just longer. I guess what i was talking about was actually called "ET style". I always just assumed that was "extended thread" or something like that. So not sure on the Method version. NOt sure if these wheels require the spline drive, but most spline drive lugnuts are pretty tall.

Last edited:
So the ones that are called "extended", are not usually extended out past the wheel face, they are extended down the wheel stud. This is to get more thread engagement between the lug nut and the wheel stud. Usually extended is what you want with the aftermarket wheels.

edit:
Well, looking at the pictures, maybe Method's lugnuts are just longer. I guess what i was talking about was actually called "ET style". I always just assumed that was "extended thread" or something like that. So not sure on the Method version. NOt sure if these wheels require the spline drive, but most spline drive lugnuts are pretty tall.

I was looking at the ET style with the sleeve that extends into the bore, I'm just not sure how far out the studs will stick out and how deep the nut needs to be. But, yes, I think the method lug nuts are just tall/deep.

I ran longer nuts, which look exactly like what Method shows, on my F150 wheels but they were +12mm and the nuts still sat flush or just inside the wheel face. The +35mm MR705's have almost no depth to the lug nut pockets and I dont want it too look like some mad max/deathrace 3000 car :rofl:

I was looking at the ET style with the sleeve that extends into the bore, I'm just not sure how far out the studs will stick out and how deep the nut needs to be. But, yes, I think the method lug nuts are just tall/deep.

I ran longer nuts, which look exactly like what Method shows, on my F150 wheels but they were +12mm and the nuts still sat flush or just inside the wheel face. The +35mm MR705's have almost no depth to the lug nut pockets and I dont want it too look like some mad max/deathrace 3000 car :rofl:

1710184601797.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom